Chapter Two

The next morning, Draco woke before Emery. The young second year got out of bed and got dressed. Draco then decided to wake his cousin.

"Emery." Draco said softly to, hopefully, not frighten him. Emery heard the soft voice and slowly opened his eyes. His blue eyes locked with Draco's and he sat up quickly. "Hey, it's okay." Draco said softly as he saw the panic in the younger boys eyes. Emery looked at Draco and saw that the blonde wasn't going to hurt him. That's when Emery relaxed.

"It's time for breakfast, then we have classes." Draco said to him. Emery nodded slowly while slowly getting out of bed. Emery looked up at Draco, since the blonde was a good bit taller than he was, who was holding his uniform in hand.

"I got your uniform for you." Draco smiled. Emery slowly grabbed the uniform and looked up at Draco's blue eyes, matching his. "I'll step out of the room, if you'd like." Draco offered. "Stay." Emery said softly. Draco smiled at his baby cousin. "Of course! I'll go sit on my bed and read a book while you change." Draco said. Emery nodded and Draco went to his bed and grabbed his potions book. Emery watched him for a few moments after he sat before starting to change.

He had gotten his trousers and shirt on fine, but his tie was a different story. Emery looked at Draco before starting to tear up and look down. He was never allowed to ask for anything at home so the boy let his tie fall to the ground before crouching and covering his face with his arms. Draco noticed the boy crouch and looked at him confused.

"Emery?" Draco asked softly as he stood up. Emery didn't move from his little ball. Draco then noticed the tie on the floor next to him. "Oh, Emmy, do you need help with your tie?" Draco asked. Emery looked up at him with teary eyes, expecting him to be mad. When he saw the blonde boys eyes, he didn't see a single sign of anger or annoyance. Emery nodded softly. Draco laughed softly. "If you needed help, all you had to do was ask." Draco told him softly.

He smiled and held his hand out. Emery looked at him or a moment before putting his hand in Draco's. The older boy smiled and pulled him up. Draco then, put the tie around Emery's neck and tied it. "See? No problem, okay?" Draco said. Emery nodded softly and put his sweater on along with his robes. "Ready?" Draco asked. Emery nodded and Draco smiled, wrapping his arm around the younger boys shoulders.

Emery was confused, why was this kid being so kind to him? What did Emery do to earn this kindness?

"Hey Emmy!" Grace greeted as she saw her younger brother. Emery smiled at her and hugged her. She chuckled softly and ruffled his messy hair. "I was told that you and I have an appointment in the hospital wing after breakfast." Grace told him. Emery poked out his bottom lip momentarily. "Ready to eat?" She asked. Emery shrugged. Grace sighed but grabbed his hand and they followed the others out of the common room and to the great hall.

Emery and Grace sat where they did the night before and Grace started to eat, but Emery didn't. He pulled his knees to his chest and laid his head on his knees. Grace watch him with sadness. She knew he was scared and would most likely have a panic attach before lunch.

Severus was in his spot at the teachers table and noticed Emery wasn't eating and was looking terrified of everything! Severus was about to walk to the table and talk to the boy, but Dumbledore started to speak to him.

Emery watched as Grace ate, declining every offer of food she gave him. She sighed sadly and Emery's thumb slowly found its way to his mouth. She smirked lightly at him. Every Slytherin, especially the boys, were going to be over protective of him while the girls would coo at him. Grace found out last night that her and Emery were the youngest in their house and with Emery being younger than her, that made him the youngest.

"Emmy, please eat a little!" Grace said softly and pushed a plate of food towards him. The boy shook his head no, not letting his thumb go. She sighed sadly, but let him be.