"If you were a dog, what breed would you be?" Emily asked after a moment.

Fae pursed her lips, stepping closer to the oven in an attempt to leach warmth as well as dry the damp clothing. She paused for a second before replying. "Erm.. I think you'd already know that."

Emily rolled her eyes, the dish cloth following the motion of her hands, "No.. well, yes, but werewol- Wolfblood..-ing doesn't count. I think you'd be a golden retriever."

Fae made a dramatic, "Oh come off it." She rolled her eyes, eager to complain,." Why do I have to be the basic dog? I would've given you a special one too. Like an akita or malamute. Actually; now I think of it, you're more of a great pyrenees, Emi."

"Aww, why?"

"Because they're a guard dog, they're pretty stubborn and strong willed, but also very gentle and calm." Upon Emily's bashful smile, Fae began muttering to herself, "No but I got the basic dog."

"Shut up."

"Shut up." She muttered childishly.

Emily raised an eyebrow, "I heard that."

Fae crossed her arms, side-eying her, "Mimimimimi."

"I'll hit you again." Emily raised the dish towel again.

Fae took a big step to the other side of the kitchen island, out of the cloth's reach and almost daringly mimicked the sound of speech once more. "Mimimimimimimi."

"Fine, fine, you're a kelpie." The scarred woman stated, exasperated. She raised her hands in mock surrender. "Is that better?"

"Thank you." The girl sighed contentedly, wandering over to the tray of cookies on the cooling rack... "Do you want a biscuit?"

"Sure, I'd love a biscuit." Emily applied the thick, 'ello govna'-styled accent as she accepted the extended choc chip offering. Fae rolled her eyes.

"So, you excited for the bonfire next weekend?"

A cold feeling settled over her chest at the words. Dread crept into her bones like ice, an aching isolation, Fae blinked swiftly, it was just a little mistake, so she asked, "There's a bonfire next weekend?"

"You didn't know?" Emily asked her, brow furrowing, Fae shook her head. "Huh, I thought he would have invited you by now.." she whispered softly to herself, and the dread Fae felt suddenly shifted in a new kind of feeling - dread, excitement, anxiety? The girl bit her lip. -had Emily forgotten she had supernatural hearing? Who was 'he' anyways?- The girl felt her heart stutter slightly in her chest, just as Chlorine began to play.

Fae's brows furrowed as well.

"You know what? I'll do it." Emily continued whispering to herself out loud. Fae's ears strained to hear it. Suddenly the woman's tone picked up, "This Saturday there's a bonfire at First Beach, it's a little get together for the pack and the elders."