Chapter Twelve

Jisoo watched as her mother eyed Jennie up and down examining her. She always called this her Terminator stare because Jisoo had the crazy notion that all Dara saw was Jennie's statistics in her brain; height, age, weight and whether to terminate or not.

"So, Jennie," Dara said her name as if she knew her for years. "How long have you and my Jisoo been dating?"

Crap, crap, crap. Jennie looked over Jisoo and just smiled. "Um, actually, Jisoo and I have known each other since high school."

"Really?" Dara eyed her daughter curiously. "How come you've never mentioned her?"

"Mom, don't you and dad have stuff to do?" Jisoo was officially done with this interrogation and started to push her mom out the door. She shoulder checked Lisa's it is try and Rosé just for good measure.

"But-"

"Seriously mom, I'm sorry I didn't call, but as you can see I'm fine." She stopped when she was right at the front door. "Tell dad I said hi."

Dara pulled Jisoo into a hug. "You should bring Jennie by to dinner. I'm sure your father would love to meet her."

Let me get to second base first. "Sure mom, drive safe."

"Pick up your phone when I call you, Jisoo," she told her seriously then gave her a sloppy kiss on the cheek. "Goodbye." She waved to Lisa and Rosé. "Bye girls! And it was nice meeting you, Jennie."

"You, too, Mrs. Kim." Jennie said politely.

"Oh honey, call me Dara." Just as long it's not mom. With one last hug, she finally left.

Jisoo let out a sigh of relief. Fuck, Rosé and Lisa. She quickly made her way back to the backroom where Lisa and Rosé looked like they were about to ask Jennie questions.

"So, you guys an item now?" Lisa asked Jennie once Jisoo entered the room. An item? What are we at the grocery store?

"Hey Lisa," Jisoo said seriously and Lisa looked at her curiously. "Do me a favor? Set your face on fire and have Rosé put it out with a shovel."

Jennie laughed at Jisoo's threat. Jisoo was absolutely adorable when she looked homicidal. "On that note, I have to go."

Jisoo turned around and almost pouted. "You do? I'm sorry about all this with my mom and these two idiots. I can make them leave."

"I'd like to see you try," Lisa said.

Jennie smiled and walked up to Jisoo putting both her hands on her face. "Don't worry about that, your mom seems really nice. I just lost track of time and I promised I'd meet my brother for dinner." She gave her a quick peck on the lips.

"Oh," Jisoo blushed and leaned in for another kiss. Not even the stupid "aw's" and "how cute" coming from Lisa and Rosé were bothering her. "When can I see you again?" Crap, hopefully that didn't sound too needy.

"Well, if you're not too busy tomorrow, maybe you can meet me at the recording studio around lunch time?"

"That sounds good," Jisoo threw her arms Jennie's neck and kissed her again. "I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Wait, are we recording tomorrow?" Rosé suddenly asked.

Jennie didn't take her eyes off Jisoo as she answered Rosé's question. "No, I'm working tomorrow remember?"

"Oh yeah." God, Rosé's blonde. Even I knew Jennie worked at the studio and Rosé sees her more than I do. Lucky whore.

"So I should go," Jennie said but made no attempt of letting go of Jisoo.