Sport Festival

Izuku's POV

I sat in my seat, listening to Present Mic teach English. I was jogging down notes when someone threw a ball of paper at me.

I looked at it and around me, noticing that Bakugou was gesturing for me to open it. I opened it, finding a bracelet in there. The bracelet that Bakugou made for me as a child.

'Thank you' I wrote on a piece of paper and tossed it at Bakugou. I gave him a small smile and focused on the lesson.

   "So, class...The annual sports festival is approaching so you guys should start getting ready." Mr. Aizawa said, looking around the class, wrapped up in his yellow sleeping bag.

"Oh, yeah I'm gonna win this!" Kirishima said.

"No, I'm gonna win, you extra!" Bakugou yelled. "Deku, watch me win!"

"Midoriya, don't listen to him." Todoroki said, gently. He came over and covered my ears. I chuckled slightly.

"Hey, get your hands off of him!" Mins screeched. "I bet Miku can do better than all of you boys put together!"

   "Uh, probably not." I said, smiling at her. "But thanks for cheering for me. I won't let you guys down!"

   The girls started to go red. They screeched and ran out of the classroom while fangirling. I got up, heading towards the lunchroom. I was soon blocked by other people from different classes.

   "Woah, I heard that you took out the villains at the USJ!" A blonde boy said, smirking a bit. "You look cute for a boy. But don't think I'll go easy on you at the festival, because I'm going to win. I'm Monoma by the way."

   "Get out of the way, I want to see Miku!" I heard a girl's voice as the boy was pushed away. "Oh my gosh! You are so cute! I'm so lucky to be able to see you in person!"

   "Please take a picture with me!"

   "No, take one with me!"

   "Miku! You're so cute in person!"

   "Woah, you really are cute for a boy."

   I gulped as boys and girls crowded around me. Then I felt a harsh tug on my hand as I was pulled away from the crowd. I saw that it was Tokoyami.

   "Thanks. It was a bit...uncomfortable there." I said, awkwardly. I smiled at him once we were far enough from the crowd.

   "Hey, Izu!" I heard my sister's voice. I turned back and saw Aika catching up towards us. "Let's go, I'm hungry."

   "Okay!" I said, turning to invite Tokoyami to lunch with us but then saw that he was gone. "Where did he go?"

   "Tokoyami? He left a second ago." Aika said. "Let's go, you wouldn't want to keep them waiting would you?"

  "Keep who waiting?" I asked as Aika dragged me to the lunchroom.

   "Your friends of course! I invited them for lunch!" Aika laughed.

   "Okay?" Was all I could say.

I got my lunch and followed Aika to the table. I sat at the lunch table, talking with Todoroki, Bakugou, and Aika.

I wish this happiness could last forever.

On the day of the Sports Festival

I sat still, taking deep breaths as Aika tried to comfort me. I was nervous. That's an understatement. I was very very nervous.

"Calm down, geez." Aika teased. "We're still in the waiting room, what are you going to do once we're actually outside? Besides, you performed in front of millions of people! I know you can do it!"

"But-"

"I know you'll do good. Win this festival, okay?! Win it for us!" Aika interrupted. "You can do it."

"Thank you." I said, my mind and heart calming down at Aika's soft words. "I feel a lot better."

I was sitting still when Todoroki came up to us. He looked at me.

"Midoriya, I'm sorry but I'm gonna win this." He said, no emotion plastered on his face. However, his voice held...some type of emotion. I think it's something like pain?

"It's okay. I'm looking forward to the festival, Todoroki." I said, smiling at him. "Don't go easy on me, because I won't either."

   "Hey! Don't steal my line, Half and Half!" Bakugou yelled, running towards Todoroki.

   "Bakugou, stop!" I said. Bakugou looked at me. "You shouldn't be rude to your classmates even if you want to win so desperately."

   "I'm not desperate, you idiot!" He yelled, his face become red. He muttered something that I couldn't hear. "Anyways, I'm gonna win that's for sure!"

   "Hey, Midoriya." Kirishima said.

   "Hey!" I replied, giving him a small smile.

   "I'm looking forward to your performance. No, I meant the sports festival! Uh, yeah!" Kirishima said, looking away.

   "Yeah, I am too!" I said, chuckling.

   "Oh, let's go, they're waiting for us!" Aika said, dragging me by the wrist.

   "Kirishima, let's go!" I said, looking back at him. He quickly stood up as we exited the waiting room and set foot on the green grass.

   "Woah, there's so many people!" Aika squealed. I stood there, nervous at how many people there were.

   "Ah, look! It's the MiMi siblings!" I heard a voice from the audience. I looked back and saw a young girl. I smiled at her and waved. "He smiled and waved at me!!!"

   "No, he did it to me!" I heard another girl's voice.

   "Hello, everybody! Today is the day of the annual UA sports festival!" I heard Midnight announce. "And we have a special guest! The famous MiMi siblings!"

   At that moment, Midnight pointed to at my direction and motioned for me to come up. Aika and I walked up there, not knowing what to do.

   "If you have something to say, please tell them. Half of them are here because of you two." Midnight whispered to us. We nodded.

   "I would just like to say, thank you for taking the time to come here today and I hope you have fun here on this special day." I said.

   "Yes, and please cheer for us! We won't let you down!" Aika said. The crowd suddenly screamed.

   "You can do it!" The crowd shouted.

   "Let the games begin!"