three.

Foreign Affairs
chapter three.

Foreign Affairschapter three

❨ 𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐬 ❩

❈ ──────────── ❈

𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐍 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓. Jace had gotten to land before Alec needed to use their parabatai bond to track him. They did the right thing by going to Aldertree, but Aldertree had them detained to prevent them from going out to find Jace.

And to top it all off, Alec found out that Jocelyn Fairchild tried to kill Jace with a crossbow.

After Alec found out that Clary's mother tried to kill Jace, his hatred toward Clary just grew a little more. He was angry and hurt, and he just wanted his brother back.

With a whole new day passing by, Lydia called another briefing in the Ops Center. The Shadowhunters were all gathered together, looking up at her as she started to speak to them about missing mundanes.

"There's a clear pattern," she addressed them. "Young, strong, highly-skilled fighters, all abducted from boxing clubs, dojos and gyms. Valentine must've realized that even with the Cup, creating Shadowhunters isn't easy. He needs mundanes who are more likely to survive the conversion."

Kai's arms were crossed over his broad chest and he smirked happily. "I can't wait to get my hands on Valentine. And his followers."

Leon snorted with a small smirk on his lips while Lydia continued.

"Your job is to stake out the potential targets, and catch the Circle members when they try to abduct them. We capture a Circle member, we have a shot at Valentine."

"And Jace," Alec murmured. "That's how we get to him before they try and kill him."

"Just keep your cool in front of the boss," Izzy told her brother as they saw Aldertree and Jocelyn Fairchild walk onto the deck.

"You have your orders," Lydia said. "Dismissed."

Leon, Kai, Izzy, and Alec turned away and huddled in a circle. The four of them were going on the mission; Leon and Kai, Izzy and Alec. But the one thing that they agreed on, the one thing that was different from the real mission.

Save Jace.

Kai glanced behind him to see Aldertree whispering with Lydia, glancing back at Kai and Leon as well.

Kai snorted and shook his head. "I'd love to punch that smug look off his bloody face," he grumbled to the four of them.

Leon twisted his head to look back at Aldertree, who just smirked at him slightly. Lydia was walking away from him, which meant they're private conversation was over.