My Sister's Boyfriend - Chapter 25

I was at home working on an essay that was due on Monday. I sat at the computer just staring at the blank screen trying to come up with something. I glanced at my clock. I realized that I had been sitting here for thirty minutes already. I let out a deep breath and a groan. My phone began to ring and I answered it, assuming it was Vince.

"Hey, Slut! Wanna go shopping?" Aleena asked. Definetly not Vince.

"Uh, yeah sure. I'm not doing anything else." I said.

"Great! Can you pick me up? My mom took the car and mine is in the shop."

"No problem."

"So, my mom says I need to get a dress," Leena said, making a disgusted face.

I laughed. "A dress is not that bad."

"Have you seen these pale legs?" She asked pointing to her thighs. She was wearing jeans so I couldn't tell if she really was pale or if she was just exaggerating. But knowing Leena, she probably was just being dramatic.

"They're not that bad."

She rolled her eyes. "I can make vampires jealous!"

I chuckled. We both got out of the car once I had parked. Leena hooked her arm in mine as we walked towards the entrance.

"So how's Vince?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows.

I laughed. "He's good."

"So you two finally got together. Thank God! Michelle owes me like ten bucks."

"You had a bet?" I asked not sounding to surprised.

Aleena chuckled. "Of course, silly. Now let's go to Forever 21 and see if I can find something cheap."

After about two hours Aleena and I both decided that we were hungry and wanted a pretzel. On our way to the pretzel stand Aleena pulled me into the candle shop. She began to smell each and everyone of them.

"Is your mom still being a bitch?" She asked while sniffing a candle. I watched as her face scrunched up and she quickly put the candle back down.

I shrugged. "She always is but I haven't really talked to her lately which is weird, considering that we live in the same house."

Leena shrugged. "That is a little weird, I guess."

"How about your dad? Is he working like crazy?"

She smirked. "When is he not? My brother's are supposed to be coming down soon."

"Really? Why?"

"Graduation is in like a month silly."

My heart stopped. I had completly forgotten about that. Graduation was just around the corner. I still haven't decided what I was going to do. I didn't know if I was gonna stay or move away with Vince. Could I leave my dad and pack just like that without a second thought? I don't think I could. I'd feel to guilty.

"I forgot," I said simply.

Leena looked at me with concern. "Are you okay?"

I nodded. If only she knew and I couldn't tell her. I had so much going on with what my dad told me and these angry werewolves, Vince's father coming back, Vince asking me to leave with him. I couldn't talk about this with her. It could put our friendship in danger. Even worse it could put her in danger.

"Are you sure?" she asked walking around a table to stand in front of me and look at my face.

I nodded. "I'm sure. I just can't believe graduation is already here."