My Sister's Boyfriend - Chapter 15

I grabbed my keys from the desk and shoved them in my back pocket.

I heard a knock at the door and my dad stepped inside.

"Hungry for breakfast?"

I had completly forgotten about having breakfast with him. I nodded and followed my dad downstairs.

We went to a diner that's only a few miles out of town. My dad and I use to come here almost all the time when I was younger after soccer games.

"What are you in the mood for?" he asked picking up a menu.

I shrugged. "I think I want an omlett."

Dad nodded. "Good choice."

The waitress came by and took our order. A few minutes later she came back with our drinks. After a long moment of silence I finally worked up my nerve to ask dad something I've been wanting to ask for a long time.

"Why does mom pick on me so much?"

Dad just stared at me blankly for a minute. "What do you mean?"

"She obviously likes Hazel better than me. Why is that?"

He sighed. "I don't think she likes Hazel better-"

"Yes, she does. It's fine. I don't really care. I'm leaving soon anyways."

"You are?" Dad asked shocked.

I rolled my eyes. "College." There was no way in hell I was going to mention the offer that Vince had given me to move with him.

"I don't know why she does that, Haven. I've tried talking to her about that but she refuses to listen and just says that it's tough love."

The waitress brought us our food and we happily dug in. It was silent between us for the rest of the time. I felt bad for bringing up the situation and ruining our father- daughter bonding time.

Later on when I got home I planned on going over to Vince's. I walked up stairs to my room to take a quick shower. It was cold in my room so I went to shut my window. There was a small business card laying on the floor. I picked it up. All it had was an address. This wasn't mine. This had to have been Vince's. I think this was the secret that he was keeping from me.

I knew what I had to do.

* * *

I walked closer to the abandoned building. It seemed like no one even worked in this place. I found a broken window towards the back and climbed in. I almost fell but luckily there was a really old chair to keep me from falling.

I walked down the long hall. I tried opening every single door but most of them were locked. I came at the end of the hall. There was door that looked freshly painted. I twisted the knob and to my surprise it opened.

"Can I help you?" A deep voice asked me from behind. I had no time to react once I had been grabbed and pushed inside the room.

~MSB~