"And you say I'm blind" Deimos stared back up at her, his voice so quiet, Eos resisted the urge to get closer, just to make sure she didn't miss it.

"Then tell me why" Eos said, she sat back on the ground - those few hours they'd spent together, Eos had a feeling they weren't part of whatever he had planned, but, it also meant she had to be delicate about this - she couldn't force him in to anything, he'd do what he wanted but, maybe she could try and hold on and be a voice of reason...

"Because they won't think to look for you here" Deimos said,

"Who".

Deimos bit the inside of his lip and then leaned his head back - he felt so hopeless - he reached in to his pocket and pulled out a note. His eyes scanning over it before he held it out.

After a moment more, Eos pushed herself up, her legs that little shaky from having passed out as she took the few small steps towards him. Slowly, she reached out for it, their fingers touching for just a moment before Eos snatched it from him, having felt his want to take the letter back. Deimos sighed and leaned himself up against the bars as she smoothed the paper out.

His care for the guards was starting to dwindle. They'd do what he'd say or he'd kill them - simple.

Eos' eyes skimmed over it at first, as if they weren't able to focus but, the words she found made her stop, made her skin go cold.

Greetings my friend,

I know this journey has troubled you, I know you fear for your life but, remember that it is chaos that troubles you most.

As planned, a courier has already been sent to lead the girl away; news that her beast was seen near to Elis will lead her straight to us.

If she resists, our mercenaries will make sure she runs in that direction anyway. Her love for the beast matches that of the love she has for that which is tainted - for that which is so chaotic, our hopes may be meaningless - I hope we are proved wrong.

Eos felt Deimos' eyes on her then, almost as if he was waiting for her to react to that very sentence but, she didn't... she wasn't sure enough that it meant what she thought and, even if it did, she didn't know how too... especially with what came next.

My friend, I also know the rumours of the beasts attacks have reached you but, do not fret, it is injured and we have it within our grasp. By the end of this week, we shall have them both.

In the beginning, there was chaos, and we are the Order.

"Laelaps" Eos said quietly. Deimos closed his eyes for a moment - he knew what would come next... "We can't... we can't leave him to them" Eos said. She looked at him. For a moment, she saw that sadness in his eyes, that want to stay, the want to help even but... Deimos looked away and shook his head.

Eos was never one to ask for help... not off anyone... She only did when she knew she couldn't do it alone...

She wasn't asking him to leave the cult, leave behind what he'd done, leave his search for glory... or whatever it was he sought these days... even he didn't know... she was just asking him to help her find a stupid little mongrel who thought he could do it all his own. Find a friend that would do absolutely anything to ensure she was safe...

But he couldn't...

Deimos had knew at the time that Laelaps had no plans to return to Eos just yet. Laelaps hadn't been sure of what he was going after but, whatever it was, Deimos was sure the beasts plan had been to lure them further away, to trick them in to searching some place else. Give Eos time. Time she'd not known what to do with other than worry about where the lycaon was.