GRAYSON

I sat in the back of the class fiddling with my pen. I had my eye on the new girl. She was pretty but not my type. She wore a pink skirt with a white shirt tucked in. Her clean white shoes looked as if she just bought them yesterday but the souls looked worn. I noticed she was always fiddling with her gold locket hanging around her neck.
Me on the other hand was wearing a black wore out shirt and light washed ripped jeans. I had dirty and worn high top vans and beanie attempting to cover my messy hair.
We were opposites so I should have had no interest in her but I couldn't help but watch. She kept glancing back at me and I didn't even bother to look away and pretend I wasn't looking. At one point she looked back again and our eyes met lingering for too long. She turned away with a small smile.
Oh god, this girl is probably just another chick who tries to date every guy at the school. She probably lives in some nice place in some fancy neighbourhood. Just watch she's gonna live in bever hills or some shit like that. She's probably the only child and is spoiled rotten. Probably has the perfect life and the perfect parents and comes home to both her mom and dad sitting and waiting for her. If only I could relate.
****
The bell rang and I walked into the lunch room and sat at a table with only two other people. One girl who just has no friends and my best friend. Jaxson Loid, or as I call him Jax.
"Sup dude!" Jax hollered as I sat down.
"Hey," I nodded my head at him in recognition.
"Did you hear what's going around about Mrs.Campbell?" I shook my head no, "word on the street is she was spotted lockin' lips with her lady lover at Benny's burgers."
My eyes grew wide and my eye brows raised mocking him, "woah really bro?"
"Really bro."
"Really, Really bro?"
"Really, really."
I rolled my eyes at how dorky he is, "your a dweeb."
"Did you see the new chick?" He said pointed to the cafeteria door.
I turned and saw that new girl walking in with two of the most popular girls in school, Blair and Freya. Coarse a girl like her would click with those two quickly.
"Yeah she's in my bio, nice to see we have another little miss popular to seduce the whole school with a smile." I rolled my eyes.
"She's kinda cute though, she seems different to me we should talk to her."
"If you want to be burned with fire by the to devils for talking to there new pup go ahead."
"Nah, not when she's with them. When she's alone." Jax winked and then started laughing at him self.
"I think we need to bring you to a mental institution."
"I think so too," he said while still laughing at him self.
I looked around and saw the new girl sitting at the 'popular' table. She fit right in like a puzzle piece and didn't even look out of place in the slightest.

****

"Oops sorry," a girl said as she ran into me knocking all my books to the floor.
I Sighed not even looking her and said, "it's fine," and bent down to pick them up.
"No, no, I got it. I'm the one that ran into you."
I looked and saw it was the new girl. Her blonde curls hanging in front of her face as she grabbed my books.
She handed them to me, "thanks," I said.
"No problem!" She said with a peppy smile. I turned to walk away. She grabbed my shoulder and said, "wait, I didn't catch your name?"
"I didn't throw it," I said sardonically.
"Oh, well I'm Tara," she reached out her hand and pushed her hair behind her ear with the other.
Reluctantly I shook her hand, "Grayson."