meeting.

The vet clinic that Shouta always took Kira to was in a small building and never closed, as animal emergencies tend to happen quite frequently in the area. He was thankful for it as he heard a pitiful mewling come from the short-legged cat, and he adjusted it to what he hoped to be a more comfortable position.

As he gently jumped from the rooftop to the sidewalk, he did his best to avoid jostling those in his hold. Making his way to the entrance, he softly pushed open the door, eyes landing on a younger blonde woman with a third eye in the middle of her forehead sitting behind the front desk.

Her eyes widened and she shot to her feet when she saw that he had three cats with him, not just his own Maine Coon. "Ai-Aizawa, sir! How badly are they hurt? What-what happened?" She fumbled over her words for just a moment but recovered quickly. He opened his mouth to respond but was quickly interrupted by a dark haired man with dog-like features walking out from the back, furry ears pushing flat against his head.

"Get them back here, Aizawa. You can explain as I work." The man said, moving to a different room with the hero trailing closely behind.

Moving close to one of the tables, Shouta carefully but rapidly laid the cats down, the silver one growling quietly. He rolled his eyes as he backed away, the other taking his place as he checked each cat over with an efficiency that few had. "They were injured when they were trying to attack a man whose quirk allowed his nails to form into claws that grow as he wishes. I assume the long-haired one had its' eye injured by them. A kid was being attacked by the man, likely trying to stop him from from hurting them more. Sorry, Akihiko." Shouta looked to the side as the man, Akihiko, looked back to him.

"I may only be able to fluently understand dogs with my quirk, but cats aren't so far off that I can't partially understand them. They say they were 'protecting their boy and his treasures.' Did you see anything that they could be talking about? They're rather angry that you took them from him, but they're willing to forgive you if you check on him for them." Akihiko's bright yellow eyes turned back to his patients.

"The tom - the one with long fur - has an extreme compound fracture from what I can tell, but I'll have to take x-rays to be sure of it, and if it's as bad as I think it is, he'll likely need the limb amputated. I'll definitely have to stitch up this nasty gash on his head, though.

"I'm not too sure if the little black one has broken any ribs, but she definitely has broken her tail and likely dislocated her shoulder. Based on how badly broken her tail is, she may or may not need it amputated, but I'll have to take x-rays of her as well.

"Finally, the ginger one... I'm not too sure what's wrong with her. I have a feeling that her spinal cord has been damaged, but I can't say anything for certain. We can work with her even if she is, though, so don't worry about having to put her down."

Shouta let out a sigh of relief, looking to the man before him, taking in the sight of his long violet hair and few sizes too large clothing that hung off his small frame. The corners of his lips twitched upwards for a moment as he thought of what to say.

"Well, at least Hizashi will be happy to hear that."

That earned an eyeroll from Akahiko as he walked over to stand in front of Shouta. "Yeah, whatever. Hurry up and get out of here so I can work on these three. Don't forget to check in with the hospital to see the kid, either."

Nodding, Shouta turned and walked out to the desk, handing the young woman a handful of yen, more than enough to pay for all the treatments the cats needed. Her eyes were blown wide as she stared at it for a moment. "Here, split the extra with Akahiko. You're doing well. Count it as a bonus, Rena."