Chapter 18- Not so lonely

Everything seemed more grey now for some reasons. The girl that wasn't afraid of showing her true nature, was now hiding her colours.

The joyful girl was now wearing a fragile, porcelain mask.

The little ball of sunshine had become dull, losing its light from the E/C eyes.

The smiles of the teenager transformed into plastic.

It became noticeable after the trip to Okinawa, even before their return. She was still sweet to everyone.

Even to him.

Her smiles were always present, but they obviously seemed to hurt her. The 16 years old girl tried to show herself, but it all seemed forced. Her eyes were constantly accompanied with dark circles.

It was all a show, and they knew.

They didn't know why. Her classmates, her grandfather and many more. Of course they didn't know. She was the only witness of the betraying horror that one of her most 'trusted' person did.

It might have seem dramatic to a passing stranger, but what would they know?

10 years of living with someone you came to care for, protect for, love for, suddenly turning their backs with the heartbreaking truth. Telling that those years were a living lie.

Honestly, she was enraged. She even wanted to believe in hating him, for making her feel this agonizing pain, for making her believe in his lies, but she couldn't. No matter how she wanted to punch him, there was no blame to point at him.

If he told her those hurtful words, then the problem must come from her, right? Was she too forceful? Was she too annoying? Was she too clingy? Was she too neglectful?

All those thoughts tormented the confusing mind of hers.

After her grandmother gained the wings of freedom, she felt the same way as she did at the moment.

Sad, hurt, guilty.

But those thoughts were tossed behind as she found the only person who didn't really juge her, at least that's what she thought. She was too selfish at that time.

Her 6 years old self was desperate for attention. Her old man was drowning himself in work, trying to forget his own suffering of the lost of the love of his life. She didn't have many friends at that time either.

Maybe the kind little girl from the bakery shop, who would give sometimes a chocolate cupcake for free, was considered as one, but that was it.

That's when she met him. She was instantly drawn into him for some reason, like a magnet. It was a coincidence, but she felt as if fate arranged this meeting.

His mysterious aura, the inexpressif face he had, made her feel safer. He seemed like a person who wouldn't juge someone else instantly, but the type to judge by the mind, soul and personality.

She finally found the missing part to fill the gap in her heart, only to be ripped brutally away by the same person, perhaps leaving a bigger gap this time.

Who would have known a single person could make her feel the happiest person alive and the saddest person alive.

Does she still care for him, even after all the hardships they have been through?

It was obviously a yes.

He didn't want her as a friend anymore. She was hurt and angry at him, but she would always open her arms wide open for him.

Because he would always be important in her eyes.

And she would always forgive him at the end.

After all, fate has cruel, mysterious system of working.