Chapter 3- My hero of the day

14 years old—

He walked peacefully outside, on his way to school. It was sunny, yet there was a breeze felt as well making this day perfect. Saiki decided it was also the perfect day to get out of the house earlier to take a walk. He really wanted to stop by his favourite cafe shop, so he was planning on going after the classes.

While walking down on the park's path, he heard a child's crying a little further away. He looked around, searching for the owner of the voice. It was obviously a child, but he was in a park. Children were everywhere. Maybe it was better if he search for Y/N first instead, she must be in the area somewhere. He knew that if he left without the smaller girl, he was about to know what world war 3 feels like. Then maybe he could take care of the crying child case if he had the time.

As a coincidence, he found the child a little bit further away, on an open field. The kid had his kite stuck in a tree. He steps slowly stopped. He sighed, knowing fully he had no choice to help the 5 years old boy. He could have left him, sobbing over his stuck kite, but he would have felt all those annoying guilty feelings all day, which he wasn't prepare to ruin his day for it.

As he was about to use his psychic powers to unblock the toy, a girl with the same girl uniform from PK high school, wearing the boy's vest along with it, ran towards the kid.

"Don't worry! Your hero of the day is here to save the day!' Y/N yelled with enthusiasm. At least he could say he found both of them at the same time. She posed herself in a heroic pose.

Saiki thought she was being too loud for this early hour of the day. Knowing her, she came here to childishly play with the swings before going to the school's ground, and heard the kid's crying as well.

"What's your name?" Y/N asked him.

"Maito!" He smiled.

The little boy seemed to think differently from Saiki as he awed at the heroic girl in front him. Seeing her smile, the 5 years old swept away his tears away quickly and smiled brightly back.

"Thank you so much Onee-chan!"

Y/N started climbing up on the tree. Saiki could only watch further away, making sure she would not end up destroying the kite by accidentally ripping it off. If he had to be honest, if she didn't make an dramatic entrance to help someone, he would have wondered if she was alright, so that was a good sign in some way.

"Be careful!" 5 year old Maito cried out worriedly, looking up at the 14 years old girl.

She only gave him a double thumbs up, to reassure him she was doing alright and continued to climb on the tall branches. Finally at the top, she crawled slowly and carefully on a thin branch. The crackling noises wasn't helping creating a weird anxious feeling rumbling in the deepness of his chest.

The end of the branch was too thin for her too crawl on, making it not possible to reach from her place. Of course, she still tried to stretch her arm as far as it could go. Was she stupid? Couldn't she see that it was too dangerous, considering she was quite high. She leaned in a little bit more, enough for her fingertips to hold onto it and slowly pull the kite back.

"Mission accomplished!" She said at the browned haired little boy. A loud breaking sound rang in her ears. Suddenly, her weight felt completely inexistant. She couldn't feel anything underneath her as the world turned upside down in her view.

She was momentarily confused, the ground seemed to be coming dangerously closer. Maito started screaming and she tightly closed her eyes waiting for the expected harsh impact and unconsciously clenched the object in her hands.

She felt the impact. Although, the landing felt soft and warm. She opened her eyes hesitantly, wondering if she was already dead. Her E/C met with green glasses shades.

Saiki sighed boringly through his nose. When did he get here? She haven't seen him close by the zone area. However, she didn't question it further as she smiled excitingly at her best friend.

"Ku-chi!" She squealed and snuggled in his jacket

"Ku-chi!" She squealed and snuggled in his jacket. He smelled like coffee and a fresh morning shower. A unusual mix but definitely good one. His piercing gaze stared down at her beaming joyful face. A face he had seen for almost 10 years. Another squeal was heard by both teens. They both turned around to see the little boy staring at them in admiration.

Oh...Oh no. Saiki realized what he just did. He teleported in front of this kid to save Y/N. He completely forgot about him. He stiffened while anxiously waiting for Maito to continue.

"Woah! You both are superheros! You and Onii-chan!" He exclaimed with admiration. Saiki sighed in relief, knowing the kid didn't think much about the fact he literally appeared in front him. The H/C girl got down on her knees in front of Maito, smiling at him.

"Here's your kite." She handed him his toy carefully. He took it in his arms and cheered. His eyes stared at Kusuo making him stop breathing, scared that he will call him out.

"Thank you Onii-chan for saving Onee-chan!" He smiled at him with a missing tooth smile. Saiki simply awkwardly nodded. The little boy left them with a wave and left their vues.

Both teenagers were silent, and simply walked back on their tracks to go at their school. The teenage boy kept looking forward silently wondering if she saw him teleporting. He did it unconsciously. Seeing her fall made him stop breathing and his instincts took over his powers. She couldn't have seen him though. Her mind and thoughts were disoriented during the fall.

Suddenly he felt a tug and embrace at his right arm. It was an habit she always had since they were 8 years old. Little Y/N got herself lost in a crowd in a festival, separating the both of them. When he finally found her, she jumped on his arm, crying over how scared she was. The pink haired boy looked down on the girl, waiting for a response from her.

She buried her nose in his school coat, smelling again the coffee jelly and morning shower. If she was a bit taller, she could smell more closer the sweet fragrance of strawberry of his shampoo. She gazed up at Saiki, smiling softly, different from her smug or lazy one.

"You're my hero. Thank you."