Chapter 2

By 6 PM outside 'Oasis', Yoriko is seen outside waiting for the person who will show up to make her deliveries. She waited, and then the man with gray hair has arrived.

"Are you the one I'm supposed to meet?" she asked.

"Yes, I am," was the reply.

They take a drive to a car that has the 'Oasis' logo to start the deliveries. While waiting for their destination...

"I want you to go the 18th Ward by the Osaka street to where an apartment that is located as 20 A," the man said the destination.

"Okay then," Yoriko agreed to follow the instructions while looking nervous. In fact, this is the first time she is going to make deliveries, and she is riding a total stranger to the place. "Judging by your tone, you're American, huh?"

"That's right," the man confirmed her question.

"Is it your first time in Tokyo?"

"No, not really. Whenever I'm here, I can't wait to leave. This country is so disgusting. Why? There are ghouls, that's why. They make look like monsters, but there are some who just wanted to live normal lives, and there's those CCG investigators killing them, showing no mercy. I can't wait to get out of here. I don't want to be involved in their war. You really like this country?"

"It's my home," Yoriko replied while driving.

"A home to 13 million people. This is the first placed biggest economy in the world, and nobody knows each other. To tell you the truth, I read about this guy who gets into a train here, and dies," the adult explained.

"Oh?"

"Six hours, he's riding the subway before anybody notices his corpse doing laps around Tokyo, people on and off sitting next to him. Nobody notices."

"What an interesting story," the employee can understand that. "Did he die being alone?"

"Yes, he did," was the reply.

Yoriko can understand about this story. In fact, she read a newspaper about this event while doing her job in Oasis.

"So, can you defend yourself?" her benefactor asked.

"Even if I don't have the strength of ghouls or CCG officers would have, I'm trained in martial arts," was her reply.

"Did you even try using a gun?"

"No."

"Well, you should. Who knows? Just try to carry one in case a ghoul or a CCG officer might attack you. A ghoul might attack you because he/she finds you appetizing, and a CCG officer might imprisoned you if you helped a ghoul."

"I see..."

As soon as they arrived on their destination...

"Listen, you're being told to make five deliveries for the night. That's what you'll do for this year's Christmas Eve," the man offered her some money in order to get her to continue on working for the holiday.

"I don't know," Yoriko finds herself tempted to take the money to accept the offer.

"You might get a Christmas bonus if you did your job well."

The blonde-haired employee has decided to take the money as a sign of accepting the offer.

"It's settled, then," the man said with a smile as they grabbed each other's hands. "Now that you've taken the offer, let's introduce ourselves. What's your name?"

"Yoriko Kosaka, but you can call me Yoriko," Yoriko started first to make her introduction.

"Yoriko... I'm Vincent," her benefactor introduced himself. "For this delivery, I'll take it. You just go by the alley and wait."

"Okay..."

Yoriko drives by the back of the place while Vincent is making the first delivery. While waiting, she is eating a sandwich for dinner tonight and looked at his bag about a picture of a car from a magazine.

Suddenly, a body just fell onto her car.

"Oh no! A body fell!" she screamed with fear as she got out of her car. "What was that all about? Hey, are you alright?"

As she looked at who fell, she recognized the man who has the same hair color as hers and wearing glasses.

"Hey, isn't that Nishiki Nishio from Anteiku?" she asked as Vincent arrived at the scene. "Vincent, we got to help him, but as I looked into his eyes, he's now dead."

"Good guess," the latter said.

Upon hearing those words coming out of his mouth, Yoriko started to realize that he may be onto something.

"You killed him?" she asked with suspicion.

"No, he eat your delivery and I shot him. The food, the bullets, and the fall killed him," was his reply.

Of course, ghouls are far from immortal. They can be killed if they were force to consume normal food, making them vulnerable to any object that kills a human like guns and knives. Also, the Rc suppressants can do the same trick. With her hanging out with a murderer, Yoriko attempted to make an escape, but Vincent noticed this so he pulls out a pistol at her.

"Red light, Yoriko," he said firmly.

"Hold on," the girl raised her hands up.

"Put your hands down," Vincent ordered. "Put your hands down."

"Okay."

Looking at other directions to see if anyone else saw this, it looks like nobody did.

"Now, Yoriko, open the trunk," Vincent forced Yoriko to do something to hide the dead body. "Open the trunk."

"Is this necessary to hide the body?" the blonde-haired girl asked.

"Can't just put him beside you unless you want your car to be clean," Vincent dropped Nishiki off the roof. "Now, grab his wrists."

Yoriko is being forced by him to put the dead body of a ghoul to the trunk to avoid being seen with it. Vincent uses a bottle of mineral water to clean the roof from blood. Also, his necktie is removed.

"Why don't you just take my car?" she requested.

"Take your car?" the man asked.

"Yes, I'm sure no one will mind if you take the deliveries instead."

"You promised not to tell anybody, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, I promise."

"To prove that, get in the fucking car," Vincent ordered.

"If you just..." Yoriko is not liking this job.

"Get in the car."

With this, she is forced to do more deliveries for this man, but it's not deliveries. It's murders. One down, four to go.