two

As I had assumed, Hayley's temperature was extremely high due to her starting to get a cold. So I got her some medicine that the doctor had told me about and now we were back the house.

I had Hayley in my arms after just giving her a bottle. I also had a towel on her head to calm down the fever.

She had finally started to stop crying and she was falling asleep.

After a while after she had fallen asleep, I put her in her bed which happened to be in the livingroom.

Next thing I know, I'm cleaning the entire house and somehow managed to make dinner for when I had to pick up Lucas from school. I just hoped Hayley was awake by then so I didn't have to wake her up.

Whenever I'm babysitting, the parents always tell me that I did not have to clean or do anything like that. They're always just happy with me watching their children. But the smile on their faces when they come home to a clean house with food on the table is enough for me to keep doing that. I just hope mr. Horan likes the gesture as well.

I've got one hour before I'm picking up Lucas, so I decided to sit down and watch some tv because cleaning the house and making dinner was exhausting. The only thing left to do is to pick Lucas up from school, and then put the dinner in the oven 30 minutes before mr. Horan gets back from work.

As I'm watching tv, and almost fall asleep. I get a message from mr. Horan.

mr. Horan - How's everything going? I'm done earlier today so you don't have to pick up Lucas, I'll do it on my way home :)

Avery - Everything is fine, Hayley is sleeping and have been sleeping for almost 4 hours now.

mr. Horan - Amazing, she didn't get much sleep last night.

I put my phone down again and went into the kitchen to finish dinner.

After about 1 hour, the door opened and mr. Horan and Lucas walked in.

" Ohh it smells good what are you making? " Lucas asked me after he threw his backpack away and ran over to me.

" I've made lasagne for you guys, I hope you're hungry " I smiled at him.

" Lasagne is my favourite! " Lucas smiled up at me.

" You've made dinner? And you cleaned the house? " mr. Horan asked, he did not seem very happy about it. Which was weird to me because usually the parents are grateful.

" Yeah, I thought it would be nice.. " I answered, I was getting nervous now.

" Well I never asked you to do this ms. Martinez. " mr. Horan said as he walked over to Hayley to check on her.

" Dad don't be mean to her she made dinner " Lucas said as he turned to me " can you stay for dinner please? "

" I'd love to Lucas but I can't, I have to go back home now " I said looking at him.

" Please pretty please " he kept begging me.

" Lucas, stop it! She can't stay for dinner. Now say goodbye, you'll see her tomorrow. " mr. Horan said, and then Lucas just hugged me.

" please come back don't let my dad scare you away " he whispered

" I promise I'll be back tomorrow, it takes a lot more than that to scare me away. " I whispered as he laughed.

" Alright, I'll see you tomorrow Lucas " I said to him as I made my way over to mr. Horan.

" I'm leaving now then. Unless you need help with anything else? " I asked him.

" you've done enough for today. I'll see you tomorrow " mr. Horan said, I have no idea why he was so damn cold now.

I said my goodbye and left the house.

•••••••••••

It's 8pm and I'm sitting in my livingroom with my best friend Mandy. She insisted on coming over to talk about my day as soon as I told her when I was done.

" So if your day went fine, why do you seem so down? " Mandy asked me

" I'm fine, it's just that you know I usually make dinner and clean the house while I babysit although they never ask me to? "

" Yeah? You always do that " Mandy answered

" Well the parent of the children from the new babysitting job did not like that, like at all. He seemed angry and I felt like he was rushing me out of there. " I told her as I slightly laughed although it was in no way funny.

" Maybe he just doesn't like people touching his stuff? " She asked me, I shrugged.

" I don't know, normally people tell me that before I start babysitting. "

" Who is that guy anyways? I remember you said his name was 'Mr.Horan' I bet his kid is called Theo " she laughed, which I did not get.

" No, I can't talk about them anyways. Sorry, he's not called Theo though " I said laughing.

" Then it's probably somebody else, I doubt his son is called Lucas, you would absolutely tell me if that was the case " she said, I looked at her with a shocked expression on my face, how the hell did she know?

" NO FUCKING WAY, HOLD ON " she said as soon as she noticed my expression.

She held her phone to my face which showed a picture, of mr. Horan.

" you know him? " I ask her, she looks at me with big questioning eyes.

" Who doesn't Avery? Are you seriously telling me you do not realise who your babysitting for? " she asked me as she stood up excitedly.

" Of course I know, I've met the guy you idiot "

" That's not what I mean Avery! Do you remember like in 2011 when I told you to listen to one direction? That boy band? " she asked me, I remembered only because she was crazy about that boyband, I have no idea what that had to do with anything though.

" Yeah, so? "

" So? " she mimicked me
" I'm saying, so the guy you're babysitting for us THE Niall Horan from that boy band! How did you not realise! " she says as she shows me an old picture and I immediately recognise it.

" Oh Yeah. I remember him, you can't blame me for not noticing he has a beard now " I said laughing

" Beard? It's just stubble Avery " she said, I raised my eyebrows at her

" Okay, shut up. So maybe I'm still paying attention to the guy even if he paused his whole singing career! "

" I'm not saying anything " I said as I put my hands up and shrugged.

" this is probably why he freaked out. It must be hard having people know you and needing a babysitter. He's probably had someone who happened to be a fan and it freaked him out, maybe he was scared you would try to get closer "

" I understand that if that's the case but I was just trying to be nice. I didn't even know he used to be in a famous boy band. " I said

" well he doesn't know that, and you won't mention it until he asks you about it. If you do, well. He might just think you're crazy as shit. "

" Gee, thanks dude " I joked

" you're welcome, now let's plan what you're gonna do tomorrow. I have a perfect plan. "

••••••••

Hiii! I just wanted to say that I know people do not like when authors write fan fictions when the girl doesn't know who Niall is.
But this isn't the case at all. Keep in mind that this is many years after everything, she saw Niall in 2011 and this story is in 2023 😂 so Niall will be 30 and Avery is 27. Avery doesn't remember because she saw Niall as 2011 Niall. So she knows who he is but she didn't think he looked familiar or anything.