Chapter 21: Mild Set Back

=Y/n L/n's POV=
Green sparks flew around his body. He winded up for a punch with possibly more than 100% of his power...

Aimed at Eijiro.

My vision went entirely black, as all sight of anything was gone. Eijiro, Deku, the class, everything. I couldn't take it. My eyes snapped open, as I looked around without moving my head. 

Instead of seeing the classroom once again, I saw the walls of a dark, purple and black, hole that had opened under me. As I fell through, the feeling of butterflies in my stomach went full scale. My body was unable of movement.

I tried to open my mouth to scream. To shout. To alert someone to help. But I couldn't.

My body was falling. And I couldn't do anything about it.

With my front facing up, and my back aimed at the direction wherever the ground was, I landed.

A groan escaped my lips, as I felt movement trickle back into my body, like dripping water. The feeling of chills rushed up my arms and legs, eventually making it's way to my torso, and neck. Goosebumps dotted all over my skin, as my blood suddenly ran cold.

I had fallen on my tailbone. Hard.

".. ow.. that's definitely going to leave a bruise.." I groaned, rubbing my lower back.

My gaze was slowly brought up, to see me on the floor.. of the dining room of Momo. I was back to the 'meeting' type thing from yesterday.

"Y/n? Are you alright?" Tsu inquired, holding out her hand.

I grasped it, and pulled myself up. I felt a pair of eyes on me. But it didn't feel like one of the girls. 

My gaze snapped over to the window, where a shadow-like figure dissipated.

A tiny "Huh.." escaped my lips.

"Y/n?" Tsu's nasally voice spoke, as a finger pressed to her chin. "Did you not hear me? Are you okay?"

"Oh, yeah, Tsu. I'm fine. Thanks for asking." I smiled.

"Y/n?" Jiro asked, with a pink tint brushed over her face.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"You mean, you weren't paying attention to our whole conversation?" I heard a small crack in her voice, which made my heart shatter into a million pieces.

"I-I must've spaced out, I'm really sorry. What were we talking about?"

Ochako jumped into my view. "We were talking about- WAH!" She lost her footing when she landed, as she toppled over me. She rested in a push-up position over me, as her knee pushed between my thighs. "Ah! I'm so sorry Y/n!"

I giggled. "It's alright. What were we talking about?"

"W-We were asking about the themes for the cafe evenings."

I was confused. "Themes?" I paused, to think again, racking my brain for any memory of this conversation. If I really was back to yesterday, we must've already had this conversation. Maybe I was unaware of the obvious. 

"You don't remember? How could you not?" Momo spoke, with a reddening face, and widened eyes. I said nothing. "I mean, we just had this conversation." She mumbled.

That struck me. 

'W-we did..?'

'Shit. I gotta play this off as if I was here and paying attention this whole time.'

'Okay Y/n, get your head in the game.'

"Hmm.." I hummed, with little sound escaping my mouth. "Ah yes, I'm sorry, I just have a lot on my mind."