Chapter 4: Victim

Jeong Y/n's POV

Have you ever felt that you weren't alone? Well, that's how I felt right now.

I brushed it off and continued running down the road, and into the more major part of the city. I found the street, and looking up at the building, the only thought that ran across my mind was that this was my new home. I hadn't moved in yet, but it already felt homey and cozy. I also noticed that it was closer to Yuuei, so it would be more efficient to get to school in the morning.

It was an apartment building. It didn't look run down or old like how some movies portray apartment buildings, but I guess in movies the main character is usually poor and can't afford a good apartment, whereas this apartment looked like it cost well over 350 thousand yen.

I walked in, and immediately felt the warm sensation of belonging I was starting to sense from outside the clear glass doors. I was right. This was already home for me. More of a home than my parents' house.

I looked around the lobby in awe, for it was beautiful. Light wood baseboards ended the soft yellow and white walls. The furniture was mainly beige, accented by small touches of gold and various reds. 

On the right side of the room, there was a rest area with light brown seating accented by the gold feet and frames of the couches. On top of them, were burgundy throw pillows and blankets strewn across it messily. But it didn't look messy. It was quite charming and made the whole scene look like a standard family's living room. 

There was a glass coffee table with complimentary cookies and further off to the side were coffee and water stations. The water had cucumbers and lemons in them dancing together with the ice also accompanying them. The wall that the sofas were facing had a large television screen on it, playing some sort of news channel.

My eyes, still curious, progressed to the left side of the room slowly, as to not miss gazing at anything I might find interest in. It was only once my eyes finished scanning over the room to really look at the left side of the room, that I noticed the receptionist. 

She had long curly black hair, that was kept in a messy bun, and light grey eyes, with natural, long black eyelashes. She was wearing a navy blue romper, with orange, green, and pink, tropical flowers on it. She also had a name tag that read: Niko, Yui. She looked young but old enough to be done college.

"Hi, how can I help you?" She asked in a sweet tone. Her entire demeanor seemed friendly, and immediately relaxed me. My tense shoulders slumped into their natural, comfortable position.

"Um, I'm new here," I started. "I was wondering what my room number is?"

"Oh! No problem! What's your last name?"

"Jeong."

She nodded and typed something up on her computer. "Room 302," She voiced and handed me a small keycard. "Can I help you with anything else?" She smiled, showing off the mark above her lip. It was pretty and suited her face structure.

"No, that's it, thank you." I politely responded with a small bow.

"Okay, have a good day." She smiled at me, and seeing as I didn't really know where I was going, she silently pointed towards the elevators with a little giggle. Not a mocking giggle, but one that friends share when they're talking to the other friend's parents.

"You too." I smiled back, and headed for the elevator.

I went up to floor 3, found my room, and stepped inside.

My mother had already decorated and organized for me. I wondered where she found the time, but I ignored the thought. I smiled and headed to my new bedroom to put away my things.