8. I think im in love

Chapter 8

"I think I'm in love," I said proudly, having just finished telling Ginny the story of Draco and my budding romance. She sat across from me on the couch under the bay windows. She looked stunned, her mouth open and her hand sweeping across her large pregnant belly. "Earth to Ginny!" I said, and waved my hand in front of her face. She giggled, and caught my hand.

"I'm happy for you, I'm glad that one of us is getting some romance," she said warmly. I smiled sympathetically.

"Cold front with Harry?" I asked. She waved off the question.

"You know how it is. With the baby coming and Harry being the head of the auror office at the ministry we just don't get much time alone anymore." I nodded. She looked at her protruding stomach fondly. "I hope she's a girl."

"Thought of any names yet?" She shrugged.

"I want to name her Lily after Harry's mother, but he's not convinced. Luna says we should name her Ciel if it's a girl or Kryptonite if it's a boy. They're a little too out there for me. I wonder where she got Kryptonite?" I giggled, but didn't explain its muggle origin. "What are you and Malfoy going to tell they guys?" I gulped.

"Don't call him Malfoy please, and I don't know." It was true, I couldn't think of anything that would keep Ron and Harry from tearing Draco's lungs out. "I guess I could just stun them after I tell them. I'll have to put Draco into hiding again." I had told Ginny about Draco's hiding only after I swore her to secrecy. I had needed her help.

"I'm sure Harry wouldn't freak out but Ron... Ron might actually kill Draco. I mean, Ron would kill anyone you dated, but since it's Draco it's going to be a hundred times worse."

"Wait, why would my dating anyone make him upset?" Ginny actually laughed. I looked around stupidly.

"You don't know? Man, Herms, you may be book smart, but you can't read people well!" She continued to laugh.

"What is it?" She put her head in her hands, her face turning as red as her hair.

"Ron's crushed on you since his third year! Please tell me you knew that?" Ron, like me? What? I shook my head, man, I was stupid. "I'm judging by the look on your face that you didn't." Her laugh turned to a snicker. "I highly suggest you and Draco learn a couple hexes." I leaned back on my couch.

"I am so doomed!" I groaned. I really was, but this did explain everything. Why had Ron been so mad and Victor Krum? He was jealous. Why had Ron always defended me? He felt I was his property. Why was Ron so upset when I announced I was going to America? He felt like he was loosing me. And in a way, he had.

"Don't forget about me," he had said.

"Of course I won't." I had responded, and then hugged him.

"You're one of the best friends I've ever had," he had whispered into my hair. Harry and Ginny had made gagging noises behind us, but I had loved it. It was so sweet and I'd never thought he had meant it to be more than platonic. I'd never wanted to. Well, I had in 6th year, but the search for the horcruxes had pushed him out of my mind. Those feelings had never returned, and I never had pursued it further.

"Same here, I had whispered back. Then I'd given him a peck on the cheek and waved goodbye to the others. With that Lupin had led the others out of the airport so that Draco could escape to the bathroom. Ron had turned back at the doors and smiled at me. I had smiled back.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

"You didn't know?" Draco laughed. I had just relayed my conversation with Ginny back to him. We were in the guestroom, with me sitting on the desk next to his new fancy songbook, I had gotten him for Christmas, and him on the seat. My eyes widened.

"Even you knew?" I yelled. "How could you know?" He smirked, classic Draco.

"Common knowledge! Even the Slytherin first years knew! We used to bet on when he would ask you out." I reached out and smoothed his hair, sighing deeply.

"I am such an idiot," I whispered. He took my hand and kissed it, making me blush. Blushing was becoming a habit when he was around.

"But you're a cute idiot." I smiled as he changed the subject. "I found a job today, by the way."

"Oh good!" He nodded.

"At this little bagel place in town. I sort the bagels. I have a little hat that I have to wear," he said, pulling a cloth hat out of his pocket and set it on his head. It fell off and he bent down to pick it up. "I have to work on that." I giggled and lent down to kiss him. He pulled me off the desk to kiss me. When we resurfaced he said, "Worry about golden boy and Weasel later, we don't need to rush to tell them." I nodded and pushed the thought out of my mind.