Episode 2 Than their spite

Start from the beginning

When she's out of earshot I whirl on them, "where do you get off speaking to her like that?"

"Jace, how could you do this?"

"I didn't! She saw me through my glamour's, she saw these too, " I say pointing at my neck. Honestly every time one of them tells me to move on with my life, or anything about losing Clary it pushes my future away. If Magnus lost Alec or Izzy lost Simon they would be a wreck and I wouldn't treat them the way they've treated me.

"It's not possible, " Izzy says confused.

"She's been dreaming of me for a year, she even knew my name. She came back to me and I'm not letting her go. As long as she wants me, I'm here."

"Jace, the angels."

"I don't care about the angels!" I scream, " Clary saved the entire world and yet they took everything from her but what they didn't count on was our love being stronger than their will."

"Jace..." Izzy says quietly but I throw out my hand.

"I'm done, you gave up on her a long time ago so why does it even concern you? Why should we be the only one not to get our happy ending?"

"I know Jace, it's not fair, Clary didn't deserve what happened and neither did you but I think you could understand us wanting to avoid the angel's wrath."

"You battled hell to get Magnus back, we all did, you think I wouldn't battle heaven for her? Izzy, she is the love of my life."

"And she is my parabati Jace, rather we have the rune or not it doesn't make it any less true. We didn't just forget about her and move on, we accepted the reality, we love her too Jace." Izzy says trying to reach out to me but I dodge her.

"Well it seems like you forgot her, no one talks about her, no one else even has a picture of her up, you don't talk about her sacrifice, in fact the only time either of you mention her is when you tell me to move on as if that's even possible. Telling me to give up on Clary is like telling me to stop breathing, do you get that?"

"I'm sorry Jace," Izzy says but her words mean nothing to me right now. I love my family but they've been treating me like the black sheep of  all year.

"Where is she?" Luke says skidding into the room, he looks so happy and relief washes through me. At least someone is on my side. I get where Simon and Izzy are coming from and Magnus and Alec but if the roles were reversed they would be doing the same thing.

"She's in my room, she saw through my glamours Luke, it shouldn't be possible but she saw me."

"Well, it's about damn time!"

"Luke don't encourage this." Simon snaps

He whirls on Simon, "the Lewis I knew would have never given up on her. He didn't break the rules she saw through the glamours."

I'm so thankful for Luke, without him I would have had no one. He kept me sane, he never once made me feel bad for not giving up on Clary. He never gave up either and for that, I will always owe him.

"Clary!" He screams desperate to see her.

I hear my door and she hesitantly walks down the steps. When she gets to the foot of the stairs Luke picks her up ruffling her hair, " I missed you kiddo."

She grins at him, "I feel like I missed you too."

He frowns, "you don't remember me?"

The expression that crosses her face then breaks my heart, " I... I don't remember anything, I woke up one day not knowing who I was and I've just tried to live with it. It... hasn't been easy."

"You remember Jace," Simon says coldly but I don't think Clary catches it. I do though and it makes me so angry. What happened to him?

"Well, I know him from my dreams," she says uncomfortably, " I didn't think he was real and then I saw him and I just... knew." She looks up at me then her frown turns into a soft smile, "I didn't know who I was, I still don't but every night I would dream of Jace and everything would just be... better."

"Clary,  what's in your hand?"

She shakes her head to clear her thoughts, another Clary trait I missed that she didn't lose and then she smiles, "that's what I was coming down here to tell you! I found this in the room you said was mine, I drew one of those rune things you were telling me about on my wrist and I shot sunlight out of my palm! How cool is that?"

My heart stops, if I lose her again... if they take her from me again, I'll... I'll leave this world and live a mundane life Angels be damned, I'll do it, "Clary, baby you can't do that."

"Sure I can watch," before I can react she whips out the stele and draws the rune, points her palm up to the window which lights up the entire house with sunlight.

"Clary! No!" I yell grabbing her hands.

She frowns at me whirling out of my hold, "don't scold me like I'm a dog, I saw an image in my head and I drew it, it's kind of what I do Jace."

Before I can say anything she freezes as if she's seeing something. I've seen that look enough to know what comes next. I grab the stele out of her hands before she can use it.

So she reaches in her pocket and produces a piece of charcoal and a mini sketch pad and starts to draw, at first I'm so distracted by the fact she still carries charcoal in her pocket It takes me longer than it should to realize she's drawing a rune, a rune I've never seen before. No telling what that could do.

"Clary, that's why they took your memories baby, they thought you were abusing your gifts," I gently take her hands in mine," so I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I just can't lose you again okay?"

"That's stupid, why give me a gift I can't use?" She says to which Simon snorts.

"I said the same thing, Fray, I'm still waiting for an answer." Simon jokes, finally sounding like himself.

"I'm sorry Jace I didn't know. I won't draw them again, he told me to and it hurts when I don't draw the images in my head."

"Wait, who told you? How does it hurt?"

"I'm... I... never mind I don't want to talk about it."

"Clary, " I plead but she won't meet my eyes, I try not to take it personally it's going to take time. And for her, I'll wait for however long it takes.

Just then her phone starts ringing, " Jessie? Slow down, what happened? Oh my God!" she screams racing down the steps without looking back. I chase after her but with her speed, she would even give me a run for my money. I drove us here so I have no idea how far she thinks she would get on foot but that's my Clary. As Impulsive as she is strong and beautiful.

Hey, guys please vote and comment. I know there is tension tight now but worry not! It won't last forever. Please check out my horror submission and vote on it. It's called Beauty and the Curse.♥️♥️ published on 11/4/19