Episode 2 Than their spite

Theme song

Brought to you by:

Written and produced by Victoria Cole (Tori)

First aired on 11/4/19

Jace's POV

I smile as I get two sodas out of the fridge and head back up the steps when Izzy and Simon stop me, "you must be thirsty, " Izzy says nodding to the drinks on my hand, "unless... Jace do you have company? And you're smiling? Practically beaming! Who's the girl?"

Izzy looks so happy for me but Simon glares at me, he's gotten to know me too well, "tell me you didn't, " he half yells.

I shoulder past him, trying to keep a lid on my anger. I'm still so incredibly pissed he told me to move on. To find someone new, you don't move on from your soul mate you just don't.

"Jace?" Clary says bounding down the steps, " I recognized something," she trails off as she sees Izzy and Simon gaping at her.

She stands by my side and takes my hand, "Hi, I'm Clary." She says smiling at Izzy and Simon.

"Jace... no, you promised, you... this is why Magnus and Alec left. You don't think! Bringing her into our world could be the ruin of it." Clary gasps at the brutality of Simons words and I want nothing more than to punch him.

For the first month, we tried everything to get Clary back but we went too far and the angels sent down a threat... if we were to try again we would suffer the same fate. I would accept whatever consequences if it meant I got my girl back. I told them to derune me, make me a mundane. Being a Shadowhunter is who I am but Clary is my soulmate without her I'm nothing. The angels refused, they said I was too valuable for a mundane life.

After that everyone moved on, everyone but me. My relationships with my family suffered because of my refusal to let Clary go. Alec gave Magnus an ultimatum when he had found out Magnus was helping me find ways to bring Clary back. So they moved, they are now running the London Institute. As much I hate being on opposite sides of my Parabati I think we both understand why. They have Madzie now, they can't afford to take risks and I can't afford to give up on Clary.

The only person who is on my side is Luke, we get together secretly to plot strategies but it's never enough. Everything I try. Everything he tries... it's never enough.

"I'm sorry, I'll leave..."

"If she goes," I say cutting Clary off, "I go."

"I'm just going to be in your room, " she says quietly but I can tell she wants to cry.