Chapter 33

I start to walk towards the dormitory, but I feel a hand grab my elbow and pull me away. I feel a scream build up inside my throat the possibility of Peter attacking me sooner. The scream doesn't escape, however, when I see that face of the person.

"You scared me!" I exclaim, shoving Christina back lightly. "What do you want?" I laugh.

"I just wanted to apologize for earlier," she says. "I know better than anyone besides Four why you're doing so well." She sighs. "I just didn't want Will to think any less of me."

I can't contain my smile at that comment, and I grin creepily at her. "What?" she asks.

I shrug. "Nothing."

"Tris," she warns. "You know something. What is it?"

"You like him, don't you?"

"W-what?"

I raise my eyebrows. "Come on. It's obvious."

"Fine," she breaths out. "I don't know what it is. He's just really cute, and smart, and-"

"And he likes you too," I finish for her.

"Why would you think that?"

"Why do you think?" When she continues to stare at me dumbfounded, I look around to make sure no one's listening. "I've done this before, remember?"

Her eyes light up with realization. I smile triumphantly and start to walk away. "Tris!"

"Bye," I sing out, leaving her alone to get the hint that she should talk to Will.

•••

I debate going to the dormitory, but my feet seem to have a mind of their own at the moment. They follow the familiar path the apartment I've been to multiple times. I knock on his door and hear the sink shut off.

The door opens, and Tobias smiles when he sees me. "Hey."

"Hi." He steps out of the way to let me in and the door closes behind me. "What's up."

"I just wanted to see you."

He smiles and walks closer to me. His arms snake around my waist, and I peek up at him. My arms instinctively wrap around his neck. We stare at each other for a few seconds before he starts talking. "So I was thinking-"

I cut him off, knowing that whatever he was thinking had something to do with us going to Candor. "No." I shake my head. "Please. No thinking. I don't want to stress about this right now. Please."

"Okay." He pulls me to his chest and sets his chin on my forehead. I breathe in his sent that I fell in love with.

"I love you," I whisper, hoping he can hear me. I back up so I can look at him again.

"I love you too. So much." He pushed a strand of hair behind my ear and presses his lips against mine. This kiss is different than the one's we've shared recently. This one's rougher, more demanding. It takes me back to the night before I died. Memories flood my mind, and I smile into the kiss.

I pull away only long enough to grab his hand and pull him to his bed where I attack his lips once again.

I think I'm going to stay here tonight.

A/N: I really hope everyone knows what I'm referring to...

Word count: 521
Updated on 05/25/19