Chapter Eleven - The Day Before The End

Começar do início

"Ava." 

"Steve." 

Steve sighed and hid his face in his hands. I giggled to myself. I was having far too much fun. If only Tony and Bruce were here, that would be hilarious. I smiled to myself at the thought. I looked around Pizza Hut. It was half past 4 in the afternoon now. The pizza restaurant was dimly lighted with orange glowing lights attached to walls in a stylish manner. The people around us were either families, parties or couples. God knows what me and Steve looked like. A couple...Oh Lord. 

The two of us sat happily chatting and joking for the next twenty minutes before our pizza arrived. I expected the little blonde girl to come back and serve us our pizza, with some lovely red streaks in her hair. But she didn't. Instead, a tall, lean man served us. He had pale skin with prominent cheekbones, and dark hair which was messily tied back at the nape of his neck. He was altogether quite good looking, his eyes were bright, emerald green...Oh. My. God. 

Loki was serving us pizza. He placed the pizza on the table, Steve nodded his thanks to him and started to eat. Is he stupid? He's just been served pizza by the enemy! Am I the only reasonably smart one here? I stared at Loki for a moment, and he stared at me back, pretending to be all innocent. 

"Sir, Madam, is there anything else I can help you with?" His British velvet voice said. I was still staring at him. 

"Yeah, leave us alone." I muttered. Steve snapped his head to me and glared at me. 

"Ava! Don't be so rude!" He hissed. He looked at Loki apologetically. 

"Sorry, my friend is being moody today," Steve said, with a winning smile. Loki nodded at Steve and began talking again. 

"It's fine Sir, I know somebody just like your friend here," He said with a hearty laugh. I glared at Loki. He knew what he was doing, and so did I. 

"That's funny, I know somebody just like you too," I said to him, holding my fork at an angle. Loki laughed. 

"Is that so?" He asked, grinning. He cocked his head to the side, "that's an awfully nice bracelet you have there. Did your friend here buy it for you?" He asked, nodding to Steve as he said friend. I blushed and tried to pull my sleeve over the golden horse bracelet. 

"No. I didn't buy her it, where did you get it?" Steve asked, I could feel my cheeks blush with embarrassment. I looked at Loki and he was standing smugly. 

"It was from a really, really annoying man who-"

"As much as I'd love to hear your story, the Boss wants me," Loki said, frowning at what I was about to say. Just as he was about to skip away, Steve stopped him. 

"Wait, what's your name?" Steve asked, Loki looked taken aback by this question and I narrowed my eyes at him, wondering what name he could come up with. 

"Luke," He said with a smile, and then skipped off into the labyrinth of round tables and red cushioned chairs. Luke. Really original Loki, really original. I grumbled into my slice of pizza and Steve glared at me. I started cursing Loki to myself under my breath as I bit into the cheesy food. 

"What was all that about?" Steve asked me eventually. I looked at him innocently with pizza hanging out of my mouth. He didn't find it amusing. 

"What?" I said innocently through cheesy pizza dough. Steve just continued to glare at me.

"I want an explanation."

"There's nothing to explain."

Steve stopped trying to force answers out of me and we ate our pizza in a stony silence. It was awkward between us but I was beyond even caring anymore. I looked towards the kitchen door and Loki was stood, leaning against the wall with his arms folded. I scowled at him. He grinned back.