August 7th / Part 3

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━10:04 P

10:04 P.M. / Tuesday, August 7th
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I got some drinks!" exclaimed Mina, walking through the door with three 2-liter bottles of various sodas.

"Did you really need to get that much?" I asked, sitting on the couch. "It's only us two,"

"Well, I didn't know how long we'd be staying up... So, I got more just to be safe!" she said while placing the sodas down on the coffee table in front on the couch.

I scoffed and slowly stood up from the couch, crossing my arms. "Heh, I'll have you know that I'm the king of staying up late!" I said in an arrogant voice. "Ah, that sounded really lame,"

Mina giggled and plopped onto the couch. "Maybe a little," she joked.

My face grew slightly red and I sat back down on the couch also. But, I made sure to keep a distance between us so it wouldn't be too awkward. Well, it was already awkward after what I just said, so I tried to change the subject.

"A-anyways," I stuttered. "This room is gigantic! How could they only fit one bed in here? They could've fit, like, 20 if they tried!"

Mina placed a finger on her chin and looked around. "Yeah, it's a bit spacious. But, they didn't really have two high school students in mind when designing this room. Guess we'll have to share the bed then," she said jokingly.

"Haha, no way. This couch is my bed tonight," I said. But, after saying that, I finally realized the implications of what was going in.

'Wait, right now I'm alone with a girl... in a hotel room!' I thought. 'Is this legal?! I've never gone through anything like this! Oh god, I'm panicking... It's too late in the game to panic [F/N]! You just gotta not screw anything up from this point forward. You can do this!'

I cleared my throat and placed my hands on my knees. "Well, uh, I'm gonna order some room service... Yeah," I muttered, shaking my leg rapidly through the entire statement. As I went to stand up from the couch, my knee slammed right into the coffee table. Before then, I had never experienced greater pain than that. It felt like someone had shot me directly in the knee and I was seconds away from bleeding out.

"Agh-!" I grunted, quickly grasping my knee from the unexpected collision.

Mina abruptly stood up from the couch and outstretched her hand toward my knee. "Are you alright?" she asked.

Slowly, I turned my head to look at her and put on the fakest smile ever to cover up my immense pain. "Y-Yep, perfectly... fine," I muttered while flashing a thumbs up. 

"Pfft...!" snickered Mina. She covered her mouth and shut her eyes as she giggled at my misfortune.

Part of me wanted to be mad at the fact that she was laughing at me getting hurt... but being able to see her laugh like that calmed me down a little. And it even made me forget some of the pain, if only for a few moments.