August 5th

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━7:31 P

7:31 P.M. / Sunday, August 5th
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Earlier in the day, I had received a text from Mina. She taught me a bit more about the language of flowers and what some of the more popular flowers mean. Her knowledge of all the different flowers honestly shocked me. I didn't take her as the person who could be so deep into something that takes a lot of research and studying, but she obviously proved me wrong. But, as our conversation was about to end, she abruptly said...

"wait i have an idea!! ill come by ur house later i want to show u something!" said her text.

She sent that text around noon, so seven hours had already passed and I was starting to get anxious. One side of my brain told me that it was probably just something about flowers since we were talking about them before she said that, but the other side was busy overthinking as per usual. So, I tried shutting my brain off by going and talking to my sister, Yuuko. After a while of that, I lied on the couch in the living room, staring at the ceiling and spacing out. It was pretty relaxing, actually. My baby sister was asleep, so I didn't have to worry about being woken up by crying and Yuuko was in her room working on summer homework. I basically had the whole living room to myself, which never happens. But, as I was basking in my newfound living room freedom, the doorbell rang... six times. 

I groaned and lifted myself from my couch, basically dragging myself over to the door. There was a part of me that was happy about hearing the doorbell ring, though. Even if I was enjoying the short-lived freedom I had, I subconsciously became slightly happier when the bell went off. 

Reaching the door, I twisted the handle and slowly opened it. To my surprise, there was no one standing on the outside. I scratched my head and peeked outside... slowly. Before I could even look around, a hand placed itself firmly on my shoulder.

"Surprise!" shouted Mina from around the corner. I let out a loud gasp in response and suddenly lost all my balance. For a second, the world seemed to move in slow motion as my back slammed right into the doorframe. After the impact, I sat on the floor, rubbing where my back took the hit.

"Ow..." I muttered. 

Mina stuck out her hands towards me with an extremely worried face. "A-ah, are you okay?" she asked.

I nodded and chuckled. "Yeah, I'm fine. You just scared me a bit there," 

"Sorry about that..." she apologized. "But, it was pretty funny, right?" Then, she outstretched her hand, offering to help me up. 

I smiled and grabbed her hand with mine. "I have to admit, it was a little funny. Even if you almost broke my back," I said as she lifted me up. 

"I didn't almost break your back! It would've taken a lot more force to do that," she said. Both of us laughed for a few seconds afterward. While we were laughing, my heart felt warm and nice. It was a feeling that was kinda nostalgic, but I couldn't put my finger on exactly why I recognized this feeling... But, after a few more seconds, we stopped laughing.