Chapter 7: Night School

++++++

Scott, Sabrina and Stiles' hearts were racing as they ran into the school and shut the doors behind them. They had just watched the Alpha tear right into Derek and tossed him aside like he was nothing but a dummy in the way.

What were the three of them supposed to do now against that?

"Lock it!" Scott cried out. "Lock it!"

"Do I look like I have a key?!" Stiles snapped back. "Then grab something!" "What?!" "Anything!" Scott and Sabrina desperately cried.

What could he grab? They don't have anything and didn't bring anything. Well, aside from the bolt cutters he had used to cut the lock. At that Stiles rose up to the window and saw them lying right outside where he left them after breaking the lock a few minutes ago. They weren't too far.

Scott and Sabrina got up to see what he was looking at and saw them too. "No, Stiles no!" Sabrina pleaded. "Yes," he said as he pushed Scott back and opened the door. Stiles did it softly and once he was out, he scanned the area. The Alpha wasn't close by. It was dead quiet. He carefully walked over and got to the cutters.

Sabrina thought he would be alright after all until she saw the Alpha step away from behind Stiles' jeep. "Stiles!" she cried out in warning as she banged at the door and pointed ahead.

Stiles looked from her to up ahead and saw the Alpha leering at him just before he began to run for him. Stiles quickly ran to head back into the door. Scott opened it and Stiles jumped in and quickly slammed the bolt cutters in between the door handles to have them jammed together. The three then looked out to see that there was no sign of the Alpha again.

"What? Where is it?" Scott asked as Stiles and Sabrina searched for it too. "Where'd it go?" "I don't know," Stiles muttered as the three of them backed away from the door.

Scott looked at the cutters holding the door together. "That won't hold, will it?" Stiles caught his friend's eye. "Probably not."

The three of them turned around to stare at the dark and empty school that they had trapped themselves in. The next moment a howl sounded and that drove the three of them to hide in a nearby classroom.

"The desk." Scott pointed out as he and Sabrina went to push the table to try and seal the door but Stiles stepped in front of them.

"Stop, stop." he said. "The door's not gonna keep it out." "I know," Scott said defeated. "It's your boss." "What?" "Deaton," Stiles bit out. "The Alpha. Your boss."

"No," Scott tried to deny. "Deaton is not the Alpha. He doesn't even smell like us." Sabrina said as she pointed to herself and to Scott.

"Deaton is a murdering psycho werewolf." "That can't be." "Oh come on. He disappears, and that thing shows up ten seconds later to toss Derek twenty feet through the air? That's not convenient timing?"

"It's not him," Scott said panicking even more. He didn't want to believe that it was him.

"He killed Derek." "No, Derek's not dead." Sabrina snapped. She refused to believe that Derek was dead. He couldn't be.

"Blood spurted out of his moth, okay? That doesn't exactly qualify as a minor injury," Stiles argued to try and get Scott and Sabrina to realize just how screwed they were right now. "He's dead, and we're next."

"Okay!" Scott snapped. "But...what do we do?"

Stiles panted as he tried to think. "We get to my Jeep, we get out of here, you seriously think about quitting your job, good?"

The three of them then went for the classroom windows to see just how far the jeep was from where they were.

"Come on," Scott said trying to force it open. "No," Stiles said stopping him. "They don't open. The school's climate-controlled." "Then we break it." "Which will make a lot of noise," Stiles shot down.