Chapter 21: Party Guessed

++++++

Stiles' jeep pulled up to Lydia's house. Stiles and Sabrina both got out. Sabrina had a small present in her hand and followed Stiles to the back of the jeep where he opened up his trunk.

"Stiles, you do know that you didn't have to get a big present for Lydia, right?" Sabrina said as she watched Stiles struggle with the huge present he had bought for Lydia. "I know," he said as he finally got the present out and the two walked up to the front door. "I want her to like me because you know...I'm dating her best friend."

Sabrina rang the doorbell and her ears picked up Lydia's footsteps. "She already likes you Stiles...she just doesn't show it." 

Lydia opened the door and smiled at Sabrina as she stepped into the house and the two hugged. Lydia pulled away and looked over at Stiles holding a giant wrapped gift.

"Happy birthday!" he cried out. Lydia just stared at him. "Oh," was roughly all she managed to say.

"Coming in," Stiles said as he tried to move but found the gift just a little bigger than the door frame. "Oh, whoa. Can't. Okay. You know, you don't-Can you just grab that side, maybe?"

Stiles continued to struggle with getting the present in. Lydia whispered into Sabrina's ear. "Does he know that I'm okay with the two of you dating?" "I told him before we came here." Lydia nodded before she turned around and walked off. "Don't forget to try the punch!" she called as she left.

Sabrina heard a thud behind her and turned around. She had saw that Stiles had finally got the present inside but he was now on the ground. Sabrina laughed and quickly helped him up.

++++++

"Have you seen Jackson anywhere?" Stiles asked Scott as the three of them talked out in Lydia's backyard. 

"No," Scott answered. "Seen Allison?" "No, but we should probably tell her what we found." Stiles said. "I'm still kind of not sure what we found." Sabrina admitted.  She was kind of confused when Stiles had told her in the jeep on the way to the party.

"I figured out it has something to do with water. You know, the fact that all the victims were on the swim team, the way the Kanima reacted around the pool." 

"So whoever's controlling the Kanima really hates the swim team?" Scott asked. "Hated the swim team. Specifically the 2006 swim team. So it could be another teacher. Maybe, like, a student back then. I mean, who are we missing? What haven't we thought of?" Stiles asked as Allison walked up to the three.

"Uh, Jackson's not here." Allison said.

"Yeah, no one's here." Stiles corrected. "Maybe it's just early." Scott said as he scoped the place. "Or maybe nobody's coming because Lydia's turned into the town wack job." Stiles said. "But everyone always comes to Lydia's party, no matter what." Sabrina said.

The four of them then turned to look over where Lydia was standing off by the door with a tray of cups. 

"Well, we have to do something because we've been ignoring her for the past two weeks," Allison said unflinchingly.

 Scott shrugged. "She completely ignored Stiles the past ten years.