Blackmail • chapter 2️⃣0️⃣

2 more to go ..
continue to vote💛!
50 votes

📍ATL
4:45

kayla's pov

"why can't i get my job back?" i begged monte standing in his office. "you can't keep doing this" he laughed. "c'mon please. i need this" i said.

"the only reason why we fired you was because of tray. and since he quit, i may have a offer" he said. "wait. tray quit?" i asked surprised.

lol. not really.

monte laughed shaking his head. "okay well you know how this go. we'll update your contract and get back to you. you can leave now" he dismissed me. "thank you" i flashed an flirtatious smile before leaving. i swayed my hips exiting seeing an hispanic girl sitting in the lobby.

she looked nervous as fuck. must be a new girl. lmao, good luck sis.

"did they call us yet?" a much taller brownskin girl came out from the bathroom. "no. nique i'm scared. why did corey leave me to do this by myself?" she said in cracking voice. i ignored the conversation beginning to walk away.

"it's all tray's fault, not corey's" the tall girl said. i stopped in my tracks hearing tray's name. "but he had a choice. his choice was to die instead of staying and helping me. but tray did play a part in it i guess" she wiped a tear.

an idea popped into my head as i walked over there joining the convo.

"hey, um i was walking past and i heard y'all mention the name tray?" i said standing in front of the two. "why you wanna know?" the tall one said. "i'm just tryna help, that's all. you can calm down" i chuckled.

"help us how?" the one crying said. "well tray killed my brother a few months back, and i've been trying to get back at him ever since. but i heard that he also killed your boyfriend, corey? i can help you get revenge" i smirked. "okay, but how can we get him back?" they asked.

"by sending him to jail" i said.

📍HOUSTON
3:38

tray's pov

me and airi entered the apartment still not speaking to one another. airi went upstairs slamming the door making me jump.

i sat on the couch stressing out like hell. this is the exact opposite of what i wanted to happen. the baby is mine and plus my relationship could be possible over. this is fucking trash.

and plus she found out in the most horrible way. by going through my phone. why did she decide to go through my phone? i don't know. she must have been expecting something. i have been more stressed and distant then i ever been in our relationship.

i just haven't been myself at all, and she noticed.

my phone starting ringing in my pocket, so i pulled it out seeing tiana calling me. i decline it telling her i'm not in the mood for whatever, and to call later.

tiana🖤
- it's reaallly important tray.

i left her on read putting it back in my pocket. my phone dinged again as i was walking to the kitchen.

tiana
- stop treating me like a side chick😕. i'm serious, this is really important.

i laughed a little replying telling her to just tell me. hopefully it's good news. i need good news.

i drunk out the water bottle glancing around the room seeing the mail from under the door. damn, how did i miss that?

i picked it up going through it.

airi's mail, airi's mail, airi's mail, my mail.

the letter from the clinic about the dna results. i threw airi's mail to the side opening the letter. i just want clarification for myself. like an reality check.

i read the letter scanning for the results.

oh my god.

i ran up the stairs opening up airi's room only seeing it was locked. "airi, open the door" i knocked on it. "tray, leave" she said. her voice sounded really shaky. the smile on my face turned into a frown realizing she was really crying.

"i got some good news. just please open the door" i said calming my voice down. i waited a few minutes before the door opened reviling airi. she didn't let me see her face as she turned around asking what i wanted.

"i'm sorry" i said to start off. she didn't respond sitting on the bed. "but i think this can make you feel better" i said handing her the letter.

she read it as a smile formed on her face, but quickly fixed it.

"okay, why did she lie about you being the dad?" she asked. i shrugged. she gave me a death glare. "i mean, i don't know. she's crazy" i corrected.

"wait, how old is the child?" airi asked. "about 5" i said. "wait, wasn't she pregnant with your baby while y'all was seniors. so after she got the abortion.. " airi trailed. "yeah, she had to be cheating" i finished.

"that's crazy" airi shook her head handing the letter back to me.

we sat in silence for a little bit, but i wondered if airi was still mad at me. she looked really relief to see the letter.

"are we good? you still mad at me?" i asked. "i mean, you did lie to me" she said.

"it makes me wonder about what else you've been lying to me about" she looked up at me. "i promise you that was the only thing i was hiding from you" i said.

she nodded playing with her fingers. "well over a little time, i can get over this. we're still together, but we just need to continue to build that trust again. that's all" she said. i smiled agreeing. i wasn't expecting to be forgiven so fast anyways.

we had a small conversation before i got up and left going back down the stairs.

i took a picture of the letting sending it to tati and checking tiana's message.

tiana🖤
- i overheard kayla, nique, and carmen talking. they're making a plan to send you to jail for killing jackson and corey. we need to meet up asap.

wtf.

can i get a fucking break?

a/n - can tray ever get a break🤧? nigga has been struggling the whole book. lol💀

y'all really think tray finna go to jail? hopefully not right? hehe☺️.

make sure to vote!

vote.
comment.
share.