Chapter 14

The Principal was obviously taken aback. "Jason Masters?" He questioned and Kath nodded her head slowly. "Take a seat." He encouraged, watching as Kath sat in one of the chairs and DJ sat in the other, Arisse and Kaye standing behind them both to give the pair of them extra support. "Now... what do you mean by him making your life Hell?" He asked.

"I have a condition that he knows about because we grew up going to the same schools and being in the same classes for a long time... he calls me names, his friends all call me names... he punched me in the face yesterday and in my stomach, I have bruising if you need proof... I self-harmed because I couldn't cope anymore and I hated myself because of him, but I know now that my condition isn't my fault and it doesn't make me all the things he calls me - my condition makes me unique. I'm one of three people in the world to be known to have it and I shouldn't be made to feel so shitty when I come to school." Kath said, not realizing she was crying until Arisse handed her a tissue.

"Okay-"

"No, it's not 'okay'." Kaye cut in. "I failed my senior year on purpose so I could stay here to protect her. You made me take my classes online, separating us when you're fully aware of everything we've been through... I want you to take this seriously because I don't want my sister to feel like she has to cut herself just to give herself a break from the mental torture she's put through every day." Kaye argued. She knew she sounded like a parent, she always had when it came to Kath after their mother died. They needed each other.

"Kaye, I promise you that I am going to take this issue very seriously indeed. When did the bullying start with Jason, Kathryn?" Mister White asked, his tone softer and he grabbed a notepad and a pen to take some notes.

"Well, in kindergarten but I guess I'll deal with since day one of high school since as you can't punish him for what he did to me before then," Kath said and Mister White sighed, writing it down.

"I wish you'd come to me sooner, Kathryn." He said and Kath stayed silent, her head down but she looked over at DJ when he squeezed her hand and he motioned with his free hand for her to pick her head up and she did - she was keeping her side of their deal.

"He pushed me over yesterday too, when I found him holding Kath against the lockers and I tried to help," DJ added.

"And when was this?"

"After school."

"I'm just... I apologize that you had to go through this, it isn't a behavior I stand for here and I'm so sorry you felt ashamed of yourself and that the problem was yours, Kathryn, when it certainly isn't. I'll be calling him up to my office straight away and I'll take the necessary steps depending on how he responds to what I have to tell him. I'll keep you updated, Kathryn, but I expect you to keep me updated also." He said and Kath slowly nodded her head, taking another tissue from Arisse before they all started to stand up, but Mister White held his hand up. "Kaye?"

"Yes?"

"I am sorry too, for separating you and Kathryn... and I wish I had a place for you here, but I legally can't overpopulate the school..." He trailed off and Kaye slowly shook her head.

"I understand... thank you." Kaye breathed, before walking out of the office with her sister, Arisse and DJ and they all shared a hug as they stood on the small landing beside the stairs. "I'm so proud of you," Kaye whispered, kissing Kath's head.

"Thank you for coming and supporting me," Kath said, pulling away from the hug and Arisse playfully pushed her.

"Oh, shut up - we're your friends now!"

"Technically, she's my girlfriend," DJ admitted as they walked down the stairs and Kath raised an eyebrow at him.

"I am?"

"Yes." DJ smiled over at her, squeezing her hand after she squeezed his first.

"My Gosh, you two move fast." Arisse joked, which only made Kath blush more - nobody had any idea how quickly the two of them had moved with their relationship, it wasn't anybody else's business. "But you gotta tell me all about your awesome eyes during Study Hall first period because those are badass!" Arisse exclaimed, making Kath smile wider and DJ and Kaye were both overjoyed for Kath - it had been a long time since she was called anything but a freak because of her condition, her own father had even treated her like one.

"Sure." Kath agreed, but she hugged Kaye when they got to the bottom of the stairs. "I love you."

"I love you too," Kaye said softly, before the two sisters went their separate ways, but Kaye felt so much more relaxed being apart from her sister now that she knew things were being taken care of by the Principal and that Kath had her first boyfriend and her first true friend to look out for her.