prologue

"You love going to the beach , and why is that?" the man with the surfboard asked. "I admire the view here. It's really pretty." he smiles as he glances at the shore , his eyes landed on the darker part of the sea , a familiar face that caught his attention. Jaehyun smiles as he see the mermaid flash out a smile.

"hey , do you believe in mermaids?"

facing the sea
©︎iseeyong

-

Eighteen year old boy , Jung Jaehyun likes going to the beach , to relax and feel the warm breeze and the stunning smell of the sea. He inhaled the fresh air , exhaling as he adore the view of the sea. There were a few people playing on the sand , probably on a vacation just like him. Every year he visits the beach and stays at his grandfather's resort near the beach. He really enjoys this place , away from the city.

His usual memory from this place was his grandmother who passed away , telling stories about sea creatures. The stories and the tales that Jaehyun love ever since he was a little boy.

"Yoonoh , did you know mermaids actually exist?"

"really? have you seen one of them?" young Jaehyun asked. His grandmother nodded and smiled , making Jaehyun smile too in excitement. "Where can I see them?" He asked , being the curious kid he is , he really liked unknown and mystical creatures , not the scary ones but just the interesting ones. One of them is what his grandmother is always talking about before she passed away.

Mermaids.