Chapter Two

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”

                               -Lao Tzu

 ©AirrJayy 2013

Maria's P.O.V

All through out the day whispers would be heard, some hoping I would get revenge. Others, saying I was an idiot not to see it. That one I sort of agree with. They always spent so much time together,I never really thought of it. It was now lunch time and I have been carelessly munching on a huge bag of Doritos's along with a can of Arizona Fruit Punch I barley even noticed the two shadows that casted over our table and the silence of the lunch box. Barley. I look up to see some familur faces and roll my eyes.

"Maria, can we talk?"Marcey and Devon say in unison. How cute.

"Sure." I don't bulge and I know I'm pissing Devon off.

"Privately?" Unison again.If I didn't know better I would say they were together for a while.

"No. Everyone here knows about us. They know that you," I point at Devon, "Are a man whore. And that you," I point at Marcey "Are an backstabbing lieing bitch," I snarl and look at both of them. "If you don't mind, let me ask you a question everyone would want to know." I lean towards them nearly chuckling when everyone else in the cafeteria does the same.

"Was Joeys party the first night you have been together?" Devon cringes and cracks his knuckles. This tells me one of two things-hes either going to lie, or avoid the question. And the way Marcey's sweating, it is definitely not the latter.

"Answer the question!"  Some odd guy in a plain Red Tee and a fake chain shouts across the room making everyone look at him.

"No." Everyone looks at Devon and gasps. Not the answer they were hoping for I guess. I gather my things and get up standing inches away from them both.

"My dear Sir and Lady, that was the wrong answer." I push past them and decide to piss them both off. "Oh, and your shit will be outside on my sidewalk. Better come early, or it will be picked up by the garbage man." I walk into the hallway giving out a held in breathe. This is a lot to handle. Don't get me wrong, I am practically the creator of revenge. But I have never had to do it on people that I have loved. Or my best friend. It might be hard, but its going to happen.

_________________________________________________________________________

The day passed on annoyingly slow. I kept getting looks of sympathy and glances from Devon all day. I eventually somehow make it to my house wanting to just make the world not exist.

"Maria." Screw.My.Life. My parents were home.They come home on Holidays and birthdays. They either come home early because Bradly or I got in trouble, or we mess up the house and they finally get the bill.

"Yes?" Knowing they heard the sigh in my voice I know I'm going to get the lecture of my life about how disrespectful it is.

"Get in here now." My dad's deadly cold voice makes me shiver walk towards the living room.