Chapter One

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”

                                -Henry Van Dike

©AirrJayy 2013

Karma's a real bitch:Chapter one-How it all started.

As I walked through the corridor I noticed all eyes on me. All talking had subsided and everyone's eye's on me. But today was different, I didn't have Devon's large hand closed over mine. I didn't have envious stares, I had sympathetic ones. I didn't get lustful looks from the boys, I got empathetic ones. It was new for me. No 'hi's' or high fives given, just looks. And as I walked past my friends they even tried to give a well needed hug. But I didn't need comfort, no, I needed something more filling, ever-lasting. Revenge.

Saturday night

"Maria, we have to go!" Marcey grabbed my hand trying to pull me off the bed towards my closet.

"I can't go. Devon's going to be there." She groans.

"Maria, tonight is Joeys night. It's not about you and Devon. You promised Joey. So suck it up, get dressed and look sexy. If he's going to be an ass, make him feel like one. I will be down stairs, you have ten minutes." She turn toward's the door and got ready to leave turning to me saying,"Wear something sexy nerd." And walking out. I will admit she was good friend, but, she's a better bitch. I screamed into my pillow with frustration. Why was Devon such a asshole? Because he's a player stupid. God, I hate that inner voice. I stalked towards my closet looking for something to wear. Me being your average jeans and tee girl I bypassed that whole section. I walk toward the never going to wear section and ponder my decision. I was thinking of a strapless lace dress with a nude like fabric underneath, but that's to much right? Wait,no don't second guess your self, you got this Maria. I swallow the lump in my throat and slip into the dress,grabbing a pair of nude heels. I step into the light of my mirror seeing myself, I gasp. Who is this girl? A year ago I would be in the middle of watching my CSI dvd's knee deep in chocolate. Now I'm going to A-list party's, going on a date's with my boyfriend. My Bad Boy boyfriend ! That's what changed it all I guess. When Devon asked me out I was your average girl, party's, first kiss,but it all seemed so...Cliché. Normal. For a while I was a little like the rest, wondering how good girls fall for bad guys. Until Devon asked me out. It was like a automatic understanding. There's just something about them. About wanting to take their player ways along with their heart. Its odd but so true. Indeed we fought more than a regular couple, but the making up was worth it. Yes,I lost my virginity to him, but I actually wanted it. Me being a major new comer, I thought he wouldn't want me. But, from what I know he's faithful. And to be a hundred percent honest, I'm in love with him. A knock on my door pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Maria, if I have to get you dressed I will post pictures of you naked on line!" I slam my door open making it bounce hard off the wall after impact.

"I'm ready." I walk over to my dresser grabbing my clutch making sure everything is in it. I walk past Marcey walking towards my brothers door. Marcey whistles from behind me and I turn to look at her cocking my eyebrow.

"The things I would do to you if you weren't straight...." I roll my eyes. It was no secret Marcey was a lesbian. She even got kicked out of her old school for turning all the young teacher's out. But, I don't and won't ever roll that way. I knock on Bradley's door hearing him and his friends pausing his video game. Although he was nineteen, he acted my age.

"Well,well, well, what do I have here?" Jeremy, my brothers stupid best friend says looking at my outfit along with Marceys approvingly.

"Brad, I'm on my way out." I grab Marceys hand dragging her away from my brothers door hearing his okay. Not hearing the game re-start I knew he saw my dress. Oh crap. I grab Marceys hand harder walking faster.