“Yes, okay, fine” She quickly rushes away and Paisley skips off after her. Amy’s face has resembled the tomato I have in the trolley, the boy chuckles while shaking his head.

“Why do I have a feeling you’re the reason her face lights up every time her phone vibrates?” He shrugs and does that same laugh. “I’ve never seen her like this before” I glance up the aisle to see her peaking around the corner, as soon as she sees me notice her, her head disappears.

“I’m not saying anything but she’s a good girl is your sister. You should be proud of her” He smiles and he has such a nice smile, his teeth are perfect and as his lips curl his thick eyebrow raises. I open my mouth to respond but Amy gets there before me.

“Kimberley, you need to get Paisley!”

“Duty calls, I’ll see you around …”

“Johnny”.

“Treat her right Johnny or I’ll be after you” I whisper with a smile as I brush past him.

*

“I’m really getting tired of this!” I point my finger at Paisley, She pulls a face at me and pushes away my hand. “I mean it”

“Can I have ice cream?”

I sigh out of frustration. I give up with her, I straighten up from my crouched position and she starts jumping around me while pulling on my clothes. The stairs are going to have to be carpeted as the carpet we do have now has been ruined. I thought sitting together and painting a few pictures would be nice, it would give us a chance to spend some time together but this girl has way too much energy for me to keep up with. She point blank refuses to stay still for longer than a few seconds. I turned away from her for less than a minute and she’s was away carrying a pot of paint up the stairs. She dropped it and now it looks like a blue explosion has went off. Cheryl is going to kill us when she sees the mess when she gets back. She can’t get home soon enough, I’m counting down not just the days but hours too.

Amy has taken herself upstairs and she’s hidden herself behind the bedroom door. I’m guessing she’s on that phone of hers and It’s not hard to guess who is on the other end. My encounter with the mystery boy I now know a Johnny has set her into one of her little moods. “I want ice cream, Mummy” Paisley jumps higher and tries to pull my arm down so she can take my hand.

“I’ve said no, Go and watch TV!”

“It’s boring”

“Mickey might be on, go and have a look” I pull my hand but of hers and turn her around by her shoulders. I push her forward just a little but she turns back around again to continue to beg me for the sugary treat that she really doesn’t deserve.

“Ice cream!”

“I won’t tell you again”

“I want ice cream!” She shouts and she swings her arm to hit my thigh. I’m just about to tell her off when there’s a knock at the door. “The door!” She runs through the house at some speed and the dogs come out of nowhere adding to the noise. They start yapping while jumping up and down. They probably think its Cheryl. If only. There’s another knock and I run my fingers through my hair while rushing to the door.

“Im coming!” I call out and when I finally open the door Jason is stood there on the door step. He has the little blonde boy he often brings here stood by his side. His small hand is wrapped around his single finger and as he sees me he toddles forward unsteadily on his feet. “Fuck!” I curse under my breath. I completely forgot about Jason coming over today, he can probably tell by the look on my face.