Chapter 45

To my surprise after the tantrum Paisley threw earlier today she has been as well behaved as ever, she’s been a little angel. I wasn’t expecting her too. Nicola and Nadine had to go so it just leaves me Cheryl and Sarah lounging about the house. We’ve just finished eating and Cheryl’s doing the dishes while I sit watching Sarah larking around with Paisley.

“you really suit that tiara” I comment and Sarah pats it on top of her head.

“Well I am the queen”

“No you’re not” says Paisley. “You’re the princess”

“So who is the queen?” Sarah asks and Paisley turns around pointing at me. “Mummy and Cheryl”

I laugh and Sarah pouts. “I always wanted to be a queen, you’ve shattered my dreams”

“I think you should put a spell on her” I influence Paisley. She’s been running around the living room in her fairy wings for hours since it got a bit nippy outside. She’s been waving her wand in the air too, granting wishes and turning us all into frogs.

“Bam!” She taps the wand on Sarah’s head and starts laughing uncontrollably.

“What’ve you done?” I ask her amused at her amusement.

“She’s a frog again”

“Oi, I’ll get you for that!” Sarah pulls her onto her lap and start assaulting her with tickles. She screeches loudly and her giggles don’t seem to be stopping anytime soon. After Sarah  stops tickling her Paisley lies on the carpet trying to get her breath back.

“No more!” She raises her hand in the air.

“Okay, no more”

“You wouldn’t do me a favour would you?”

“What is it?”

“Could you get Paisley ready for bed?”

“It’s only just turned five”

“I know but I thought we could all watch a movie or something, would you like that?”

“Yes!” Paisley jumps up and down and Sarah gets up while swinging her from her feet.

“Do you think you could fly us upstairs?”

“No” She shakes her head while giggling. “It’s not real”

“it isn’t?”

“It pretend”

Sarah gasps in exaggeration. “We’ll just have to walk then”

“No, you carry me”

“Come on then you little monkey”

I go into the kitchen and Cheryl is still busy washing the last of the dishes, she’s scrubbing away at a china plate she doesn’t even notice I’ve entered the room. I grab the damp teatowel from the counter and hit her behind with it making her jump. “Ow! Kimba!”

I do it again and she turns her head looking at me over her shoulder. “Whip us with that thing one more time” She dares me with a cheeky look on her face.

I bite my lip and do as she dares. As soon as I’ve hit her with it she turns around and flicks soapy water at me. “ahh!” I cover my face as she does it again and she starts laughing. “Noooo! I’m all wet!”

“That’s what she said!”

“That’s what who said … who’s been saying that too you Miss Cheryl?” I joke walking back towards her with an eyebrow raised. She walks backwards as I approach her until she comes into contact with the counter and I press myself against her. “Have you got yourself  a bit on the side, eh?”