Chapter 1: Their Long Walk

Start from the beginning

"You loved it, you asked to come back two weeks later, which was our second date."

"What makes you think those were dates. The first time I needed caffeine from a long night of murdering people and the second I had craving for this place and forgot where it was. Which is why I even asked you." Illumi squinted at Hisoka.

"Still counts." Hisoka pouted.

"We'd barely even knew each other then, let alone talked."

"Fair, but even if you didn't know it then, I knew we were on a date and that in the months to come I would swoon you right into my arms." Hisoka smirked and leaned into Illumi.

"You creep." Illumi sighed licking his cone and getting ice cream on his nose.

Illumi noticed this but Hisoka was quick to kiss it off his nose. To which Illumi squinted at him again,

"Gross." He said, though almost immediately contradicting himself as he leaned in for a soft kiss.

Hisoka proceeded happily as he gladly took this kiss. He never missed an opportunity to feel those soft lips against his. He tasted the hint of vanilla on Illumi's lips and gave a small smile.

After finishing their ice cream, Illumi suggested they go walk on the beach, which went right along with Hisoka's proposal plan. The pair, took off their nice dress shoes leaving them on the concrete walk. They rolled up their dress pants to just below the knees and proceeded onto the comfortable sand.

Once again their hands found the same intertwined position. Illumi looked up into the sky as they walked closer to the waters. Hisoka took this moment to admire every aspect that made this man beautiful.

Illumi was tall and slender, yet had quite the muscular build all the way around. His pale skin now almost glowed in the moon light as it was so smooth, free of any blemishes and unwanted marks (minus the ones Hisoka left). Just to clash with his cream skin was his long black hair. It was something Hisoka admired often. Now, Illumi had sections from the front pulled back to crown his head as the rest flowed down his back. It was so simple yet looked a million dollars worth on that man. Hisoka trailed his stare back to Illumi's face. His long pointed nose stuck out so very delicately. The way it poked at Hisoka's cheek every time they kissed made the red haired man have to keep hard restraints on his giddy smile. Last and certainly Hisoka's favorite were his eyes. Illumi hated that his eyes were the embodiment of black abysses but Hisoka saw the world in them. Hisoka often found himself trapped in those gems, because he knew that's where Illumi hide all his emotions. And while they were indeed not the easiest to translate, Hisoka became a master at Illumi eye reading, to which Illumi found very annoying.

~

"Stop it." Illumi had said after they'd just finished a vigorous 'exercise' late at night.

Hisoka rolled onto his side propping on his elbow, "What ever are you talking about love."

"Stop looking at me like that. It's creepy." Illumi laid on his back, head turned to Hisoka.

"You're happy," Hisoka move the black hair from Illumi's bare shoulder and kissed it, "so, so happy. Which is good you know." Hisoka mumbled making his way up to Illumi's neck, sucking just enough to tease him.

Illumi tried stifling the small moans that wanted to escape, but not as desperate as the smile that kept creeping up on him like an annoying pest, "You idiot, what gives you that idea?"

Hisoka paused right at Illumi's jaw, he pondered his words before looking up to him, "You're eyes."

Illumi's breath hitched.

~

Illumi had made his way to the edge of the rippling water, leaving Hisoka just a few feet behind. Hisoka watched his hair rustle slightly in the gentle breezes that came and went.

"Coming?" Illumi asked.

"I'm not jumping at the idea of sand sticking to my feet all night." Hisoka replied.

"Suit yourself. It's beautiful out isn't it, when was the last time we had a night like this?" Illumi walked father in, just where the water hit the top of his ankles.

Hisoka nodded and looked up, "I can't recall, but it is enticing."

"Very."

Hisoka looked back down and met eyes with Illumi, who was staring at him. Illumi walked back forward, holding out his hand. Hisoka smiled.

They walked a little further across the shore line. Hisoka breathed in silently, and decided it was time. Now or never, he proceeded into the second phase of his proposal plan.

"Illumi, do you know what today is?"

"August 2nd." He replied, trying a poke at Hisoka's nerves.

"Oh is it? I was thinking our third year anniversary, but yours is good too." Hisoka scoffed sarcastically.

Illumi squeezed his hand, "Yes of course I know what day it is, that's why we had dinner after all, stupid question."

"Three years ago you wouldn't know the answer to that question."

"And you would?" Illumi raised an eyebrow.

"Yes of course, I knew from the very first day I met you."

"I didn't..."