Guilty Pleasure [One Shot]

It was a quiet night in my apartment. The neighbors were out of town, meaning: no noises. I was binging The Office after zapping through netflix for half an hour. My phone rang and this cute selfie with heart shaped glasses appeared alongside the keyboard emoji: Vicky was calling.

"Hello..." - she said with excitement in her voice.

"Oh hi, Vicky! It's been awhile..."

"Yes! I'm about to go to this party in Gabe's. Wanna hang?"

"..." - my brain froze for like a second so she added:

"It will be fun! What you're doing right now?"

"Nothing, actually... Huh. Ok..." - 'I guess. I actually never hang with Gabe Saporta before so that old keep it cool panicking started.' I said tryin' to keep it cool.

"Great! I'll text you the address. See ya!"

15 secs later I had the address. Time to shave and get ready.

Vicky received me with a smile and a hug. She wasn't the host of the party, but she was certainly my way in. She showed me the way and introduced me to Gabe. Soon she was talking to some other people. And I was in a convo about movies and cars.

"Christine is the most iconic car, tho. I mean... She's red, evil and dope." - I was making my statement.

"...Well but there's the DMC Delorean from Back to the Future. Like. If you say time machine I doubt that other thing besides this pops into your mind." - the guy with a geeky style replied. I think his name was Chad.

"Didn't you had a Delorean because of this movie?" - Chad's girlfriend asked.

"I have a Delorean because Back to the Future. We even used in Cobra's Guilty Pleasure MV." - Gabe replied after a sip in his beer. - "You guys wanna see it?"

"Sure." - We all said. And he led us through his house to the garage.

The car was a bit dusty, like, it didn't see a car wash in a month. But still was surreal. It wasn't just a Delorean, it was an exact replica from the movie so it had the flux capacitor and all that shit. I was like, damn, I should get a Christine for me. But then I was, no I don't wanna die. That car probably had some devil shit worse than Elijah's dolls. That's when I realised: the couple was gone for some random reason and it was just me listening to Gabe talking about the car. He asked me if I wanted come inside to have a better view from the front panel and even played with the date settings. I got into the driver's sit and then someone yelled for Gabe.

"Have fun playing with it... Just turn it off and put the keys in the console after you're done." - he said very quickly and left me alone with no time to say "nevermind, I'll come inside too."

I was meant to turn it off the date panel and leave the car as it was. However, while I was trying to figure it out the buttons and kept changing the settings, instead of doing what it supposed to do. I stepped really hard in the accelerator pedal. And boy... THE ENGINE WAS ON AND THE HAND BREAK WASN'T WORKING. WHICH OBVIOUSLY I DIDN'T KNEW. THAT THING WAS DEFINITELY HIGH AND ACTIVE. I WAS HYPERVENTILATING WHILE HOLDING THE WHEELS AND GETTING READY TO HOLD THE CAR BEFORE SMASHING THE WALL. BUT IT WAS TOO LATE. I WAS GONNA CRASH. I WAS GONNA FUCKIN CRASH FUCKIN GABE SAPORTA'S DELOREAN IN FUCKIN GABE SAPORTA'S PARTY. I WAS SCREWED. I CLOSED MY EYES FOR THE CRASH AS INSTINCT. BUT THE CRASH NEVER CAME. I felted this weird freeze cold down my spine and opened my eyes. After a drift the car had stopped. I took some time to breathe and think what I was going to say if someone heard that in the party (they heard. I was sure. I was loud as fuck. The car was loud as fuck.).That's when I noticed I couldn't see much from the windshield because it was frozen. I took the car keys and opened the door but when I got out of the car it wasn't Gabe's garage. I mean it was definitely someone's garage, but didn't looked like Gabe's. Maybe I was dead. Maybe I cracked my head in the wall and now everyone would see dumb Awsten Knight dead in a party inside a fuckin dusty Delorean. Not how I planned to die, for sure.