Chapter 10 - Princess's Secret

The party went on quite well. Me and the team spent the night observing the many different things and try to learn their stuff. Often leading to embarrassment. The civilians treated us greatly and knowing we served the Princess directly, some have tried dearly to impress us. Since the Princess is to occupied in entertaining the important persons. The party could really be compared to that of an Victorian Era with all the fancy dancing and such.

To my surprised the Princess personally invited me for a dance. But without knowledge on ther local dance. I took the lead with the lessons I had with my mother. We stand out that night, leaving a few impressions with guest. Especially the ones in the military seeing their Princess dancing with a "pirate" like me.

And to top the night off, me and the men enjoyed the finest wine we ever had. And Foxtrot even snuck a couple of bottle for ourselves.

The next day, I wake up late. Me and the crew were split up into two rooms inside the castle. And with the majestic view of the port.

And as I try to wake my eyes up. Somethings odd at the port. Endeavour wasn't their.

"Endea, come in, come in Endea!"

"This is Endea, over"

"Where are you"

"Oh Captain good morning, We are having a test offshore."

"I see, don't you have anything to say?"

"Oh, by the way Captain, is it alright we left port without you approval?"

"Isn't that a tad bit late Endea".

"You were very asleep, and I can't wait anymore to test my newly repaired self, so I took the liberty and go for it".

"I have grant you partial autonmy but not in this case wherein you left your crew, especially your captain on land."

"I am sorry captain, but worry not we will be coming back there at flank speed"

"Belay, Endea, belay"

"Why Captain?"

"New order, be at visual station on the fort. Run at a low speed and conduct further necessary test's and adjusments. Ready the helicopters, and have UAVs circling the islands and send some in patrol. Be at level Charlie, weapons hot at command"

"Aye, Captain, setting trim at 150, speed 8 knots continue necessary test. Enjoy the islands and take care Captain, Endeavour out"

"That's a roger, don't get too far away and too close, copy?"

"Copy, Captain"

With that I wake up the crew and we then head downstairs towards the dining room for our breakfast

"Good Morning Captain, a little early are we?", remarks by the Flagship Captain.

"Good morning too Captain, in my time, we are already late."

"Oh sorry but not to brag thats Vice Admiral for you" the Vice Admirak winks.

"Oh, my bad "Vice Admiral", I wasn't informed, and Congratulations"

"Nothing to worry about, I was just promoted by the Princess herself."

We then shakes hand, and later on the maids served ours breakfast.

"Care to a cup of perfectly brewed coffee Captain, I really recommend their brew here."

"Yes please, Vice Admiral"

"Head maid, please get the Captain, one of your perfectly brewed coffee."

As we share a cup of coffee in the long dining table, we enjoy the delicately presented breakfast. And have a little chat.

"Where's the Princess, by the way?"

"Oh, her highness is up early and are socializing with her people at the town square, I'll catch up them when I finish this very good coffee."

"Pretty busy person, huh?"

"She is very much, and she's also keen on choosing who to dance with", The Vice Admiral winks at me and take his leave.

"After lunch, we'll have a strategy meeting, until then enjoy the city Captain. Even the brothels are up early in this town" The Vice Admiral then winks again.

"I can hear eveeything", murmurs Endea into the comms.

We spent the morning doing specific objectives. I've sent a couple of my crew as close security to the Princess. Another two as scouts in the city. A couple as overwatch and mapping of the while island through the UAVs. The last four are with me researching in the largest library in the island.

We need answers fast.

Apart from the Legend of Goddess of Light who was self exiled to a another world to keep the balance of power in this world. Nothing came up related to another worlds.

And tge whole morning passes by as quick as the problems onboard the Endeavour. The damage taken from the railgun have fried most of the sensors and rebuilding and recalibrating it by nanobots alone is proving difficult, as informed by Endea.

Thuse after we dine with the Princess, I was invited to join in her meeting.

And it seems it's the most important of it all.

I was the only outsider allowed to enter the great hall on which the meeting would take place.

Only a select few of the military officials and noble's were allowed in.

"Let's get to point shall we", The Princess exclaimed as soon as everyone settled down.

"Vice Admiral, please"

"For everyome here it might seems that we are here because we are visiting you directly from  the Capital."

"But we are not, we are originally to sail to the Empire's Capital further to the West, but why did a small flotilla have the guts to confront the Empire?, Princess please."

"I was scheduled to marry the Emperor."

Her statement rocks the whole hall.

"The Kingdom and The Empire reach a under the table agreement that the Emperor would take the Daughter of the Kingdom for their bloodline to intertwines, creating then peace and harmony for both the countries."

"But we knew full well how the tyranny of the Empire. But when our spies confirmed that the Emperor did conquered a few countries further West in the same way we are about to do. An InterMarriage."

"Once a Princess eligible for the throne, the Emperor would then slowly kill the Royal Family, Until the Emperor is the one eligible for the throne. Conquering them with ease."

"Knowing that, her highness, decided to go back even if it cost her own life."

Their statements cause a commotion at the hall. Everyone is either Confused, Angered and or Assured.