Chapter 3: Answers

Sorry fo the long wait! I just have been doing so much workand family coming over. I know, I know. I keep on using the same excuse, but I would be lying if I said something else. I also just realized how Iggy Azalea in the music video for Black Widow reminds me so much of how I picture Eva (Deadstreak).

;) Jamie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, how can I help?" I ask curiously. I mean, I am only human.

Raven narrows his eyes at me like I just asked the most stupidest question in the history of stupidity. "Going over an killing the Dictator of a King would be nice," he replies with sincerity.

"Good to know. I'll just put that on your Christmas list," I sarcastically remark. They all just give me weird looks and I smack my forehead. Oh ya, I'm not on Earth; I'm in a totally different dimension. "I mean... What is a good way to put it?" I lie my hand beneath my chin and put a thoughtful face on. "There is a very, very, very small possibility of me killing someone."

"I told you that we got the wrong girl!" Raven-boy yells at Tig, who has a deep thinking face on (Ya, that's what I call it).

"No, it's her. I know it is," she calmly replies.

I look at Drew, who is staring off into space.

"Look, I know that the prophecy led us to her, but how can it lead us to someone who won't kill for us?" Raven grumbles flustered.

I don't now why I just thought of it now, but my mother just let me go. Was she part of this the whole entire time? Does she even miss me? Was I such a burden to have around for her to throw me away? She always said that I had my father's eyes, but I never knew that she hated me that much to send me to a world with whatchamacallit creatures.

"You may not realize it now, but you are supposed to help us fight for our kingdom. The prophecy led us to you for a reason. All we have to do now is find out why." Tig studies me curiously.

"Well, I am no help unless you need me to solve a long algebraic equation. If I have to write an analysis essay or talk about history, then we are all dead." I state truthfully. GO NERDS! I am only good at math, nothing else.

I am once again given weird facial expressions and I decide that I should probably stop being so sarcastic.

--------------------

"A hundred years ago, everything here in Margia was perfect. The kids still were safe enough to go out on their own. No one was looking behind them for someone that would kill them. It was a normal day. Ya, it sounds kind of clique, but that was how it was.

"Then all of a sudden, the our world was burning, figuratively and logically. Flames were everywhere. Parents grabbed their sobbing children inside into the house as white armored soldiers marched down the streets, firing the weapon at anyone how breathed. I guess, in your world, humans would have said that they looked like angels, but they were far from that.

"Since he has killed our leader, Tanu, Doon has ruled through a dictatorship. No one's allowed to speak against him or they will be killed. What am I even saying? Margians are killed for no apparent reason. From the way they looked, or their heritage.

"A decade ago, the brave and courageous Margians ran down underground, where we have been searching for someone that would save us. Someone of the title of The Ninja Princess." Tig finishes the story and opens her eyes, that were closed as she told the story, as if she were too afraid to picture reality.

"So let me get this straight, what you all are doing now could lead to a executing spree if y'all loose? Or y'all would be all lined up at the guillotine?" I ask slowly, not sure if I processed everything.

"Yes. Is that really all you got from that?" Raven sneers in my direction. This was the first time Raven spoke to me in hours. Well, I would guess hours, since I haven't found any clocks yet.

"Well sooorrrryyyy, I don't have a audio recorder with me do I? No." I remark and I still receive more mental facials from the others.

"You are one weird human." Drew states and laughs.

"Well-" I cut myself off. I was going to say that 'at least I knew who the Beatles are', but decided against it.

"It's okay. Yes, Eva, that is correct." Tig replies to my previous question.

"Who is this 'Ninja Princess' that you al speak of? Why did you take me instead of her? She would probably be able to help you more that I can." I furrow my eyebrows in accusation.

"Oh Tree Nymphs! Can this human be even more stupid?!?!" Raven explodes and jumps up, ready to lunge at me.

Tig jumps to her feet and grabs Raven before he could lunge. "You can't blame her Raven. She is still new to this stuff. If you don't remember, we did kidnap her." Tig defends me.

"What ever." Raven jerks out of Tig's grip and stomps out of the room.

I don't know what it is with him, but I just have this weird feeling in my gut about him.

"Okay... I am going to guess that I am supposed to be the 'Ninja Princess' and that I should really help you. I really want to help you, but I don't know what I can to help. I'm weak, useless, and unable to fight." I stubbornly remark.

"Well, there is only one thing to do. We will help you learn to fight. Don't even start. Raven will also help you whether he wants to or not, because he is the best fighter we have." Tig gleams at me and for the first time, I actually smiled back truthfully.