Chapter One: Home?

This is my second story on wattpad! I hope you all enjoy! When someone hears "ninja", they always think of masked people with only their eyes showing. Kind of like robbers wearing ski masks, right? Wrong. To me, being a ninja is being brave, strong, smart, strategic, etc. So, come along and find out what a true Ninja is! Enjoy!

P.S. Picture of Tig on the side!

;) Jamie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One: Home?

I wake up to voices arguing, but someone whispers, as if he doesn't want anyone else to hear what he is saying. I sit up in my bed and look at my alarm clock. It says 1:00 am and I groan. It is so early, but I am a curious person who can't help but investigate.

I get out of my bed and head toward my door. I don't care what I look like. If I look like a horrifying monster, good, because I surely want to scare whoever disturbed my sleep. It is Monday for crying out loud! I have school and I have to start to get ready at 5:30 am.

I slowly creek the door open, because I don't want whoever's there to know I'm awake. I just have this nagging feeling like they are talking about me. Do you ever get that feeling when someone is talking about you? Trust me, I get that feeling all the time. It seems like my mom is always taking about me on the phone and when she knows I'm there, she hangs up the phone. I would ask her who she was talking to and she would say that it was none of my business.

I tiptoe down the hall toward the stairs and slowly (when I say slow, I mean snail slow) creep down the wooden stairs. For some reason, this house just had to have wooden stairs. They creak every single time you step on them and it makes it impossible to sneak down them.

Creak

I paused and the voices down below stopped. Oh no, will they come and investigate? Or will they just continue on with the conversation?

A couple seconds later, the voices start again. Whew, that was close. Wait, I can comprehend little bits of the words that they are saying.

"No...she can't go yet...I don't care...16th birthday...," my mother's angry voice echoes down the hallway. I try to listen more closely, but the voices drones down to a whisper again. What is she talking about? I'm pretty sure that they are talking about me, because my 16th birthday is coming up in 4 days. I can't really celebrate though, because we are moving once again. Every couple months, my mother and I leave and find a new place to stay for a couple months and we'll just move again. It seemed like my mother was running from something, because she would constantly look behind her, as if she was looking for something or someone. I stopped going to school for a while and decided to be home schooled. What is the point of going to school if you are just going to move away and loose your friends and then, you will make new ones and loose them too.

I lean on the railing and slide down slowly. This was a trick that I found when I was trying to sneak out and run through the woods. There is no way I could jump from my window, so I had to find another way out. I love the woods, because the animals are so peaceful and they stay in one place, something that I wish I could do.

When I am at the bottom of the stairs, I tiptoe toward where the voices were in the living room. I can still hear them whispering more urgently, as if they were in an argument.

"Eva, you can come in," my mother calls when I am only a foot away from the archway. How did she know I was here? I swear everywhere we move to, she sets up security cameras everywhere to track my every single movement.

I walk in and my eyes are quickly drawn to the two other figures next to her. They were so strange. They seemed human, but something was wrong with their skin, eyes, and movements. One of them is a girl and the other a guy. The girl's eyes were yellow, narrow slits that stabs into your body. I've never seen anything like her hair and skin before. They both had a hint of orange and black stripes.

The boy also has narrow slit eyes, but they are green instead of yellow. His head is bald and his skin is covered with green scales like a serpant. Both of them send a vibe that has my conscious saying, 'see ya later dudes, I'm out of here.' Both of them are wearing black everything, so that doesn't make me feel any better.

Now, I look at my mother. The woman who could never hide her emotions from me stares at me with blank eyes. "Who are they and what are they doing here?" I ask her and she looks away, as if she was thinking of the words.

I harden my gaze and stare at the two intruders and repeat myself, "who are you and why are you here?"

"Well Deadstreak, we are here on a mission," the stripped girl states with a duh-tone.

Now, that was a name I haven't heard in a long time. You see, my real name is Deadstreak. When I became a teenager, I begged my mother to call me Eva, because "Deadstreak" was such a Medieval sounding name.

"You never answered the first half of the question." I stated back with the same tone and I cross my arms. It seems like we will be here for a while.

"I guess we kind of have to get on each other's good side," she smiles, showing a pair of elongated canines. "The name's Tig and this," Tig pauses to point at the serpant dude, "is Drew."

The tension lessens and I start to relax. "So, what 'mission' are you on?" I actually put quotations in the air as I said this.

"Our mission is to receive you," Drew answers and Tig sends him a dirty look. This was the first time he spoke and I guess he was not supposed to drop the bomb yet.

"What are you talking about?" I demand, my voice rising.

"I wish that we could answer all your questions, but we can't. You will have to wait until we get to Margia with you," Tig responds sympathetically.

I look over to where my mother was to ask her what was going on, but she was MIA. Where did she go? Why did she leave me with these weird people? What a great mother. Please tell me you sensed the sarcasm there.

"She can't help you. It has been agreed that it is time for you to come home," Drew answers my ongoing rant inside my head.

Home? What did he mean by home? A place can only be your home if you choose to make it and right now, I don't have a home. I don't have a place where I truly belong.

"And where is this 'home' exactly?" I demand as my voice rises.

"Margia," Drew states and someone grabs me from behind.

I can't turn around to see who was behind me, because Tig runs up and puts a cloth to my mouth. A sweet smell enters my senses and blackness starts to clog my vision. The last thing I see before everything goes black, is Tig's mouth moving, without sound, saying that she was sorry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, did you like it? Did you hate it? Please tell me how I could make it better! This idea just popped in my head when I was trying to sleep a couple weeks ago and I am finally having a chance to put it up! I hope you enjoyed!

If you enjoyed it, please vote! Feel free to comment and I hope you all have a great day!

;) Jamie