I turn my body towards Harry and weigh my options. I can't see his face right now, but I'm sure it's creased into an uncomfortable frown. Last night, when I was having trouble, his touch helped me go right to sleep. I have no idea if mine will have the same effect on him, but I pity him right now. Of course I would never tell him that, but I want to do what's right. I just have to try and avoid getting shouted at.

Tentatively, I reach my arm out and place my hand lightly to his side. Since he's turned away from me I can't see his face, but I see him tense slightly at my touch. Although my hand remains firmly planted to his waist to get his attention, he doesn't really react.

"Harry?" I bravely question. The last thing I want to do is agitate him right now. I know he'll get upset if he thinks I feel badly for him. I might have to go about this a different way.

At hearing his name, Harry turns to me. I see his face and even in the dark, only lit by the pale glow of the mess hall through the open door, I see tears beginning to form in his eyes.

"What?" He asks harshly. I need to tread lightly, but I want him to calm down.

"I'm- I'm scared. Could you- like last night." I stutter out quietly. I hold my arms out for him although it should be the other way around. My words suggest a different meaning than my actions, but Harry understands. Instead of breaking out into a fit, he responds softly and scoots closer.

"Of course."

When we're settled Harry's arm stretches out over my body and his head lays against my chest. I tentatively wrap my own arm around his back, and find that he doesn't object. His heavy breathing immediately ceases, and within 10 minutes I hear his breaths start to even out, indicating that he's asleep.

I let a small smile cover my face at my triumph, but can't fight the heavy pull of slumber for long. In my opinion, this is the best way to get a good night's sleep for the both of us.

***

I wake to the harsh alarm of my watch. Harry is no longer wrapped around my body, but I didn't expect him to be. He never would have allowed for me to wake up and find him in such a vulnerable state.

I'm scared of how he might act towards me this morning, but immediately my fears are silenced. I look over and find Harry standing next to the bed on the opposite side, pulling on trousers for our combat training session.

"Good morning." He greets me. I don't think he's ever told me good morning in his entire life, unless it was sarcastically of course.

"Morning." I respond, the tension beginning to form in my body releasing instantly. At least I won't have to deal with weird, cold, distant Harry today.

I slowly pick myself up from the bed and get ready for the morning. I change in front of Harry, and hope he doesn't look, although it would be hard to see anything in the darkness of the dorm. When we're both done I lead the way into the gym and we assume our stance in the fighting ring as usual.

Over the past few weeks, Harry has taught me how to attack, block, dodge, counter, punch, kick, and jump perfectly. As of now, there's only a few complex moves I'm trying to master, à la Black Widow. Surprisingly, her fighting style actually exists, and Harry is determined to teach it to me.

Right now, there's only one move left that I really need practice on. I'm supposed to run up to the opponent, then jump so that one foot is on their chest, like I'm running on them, then use what would have been a second step to kick them squarely in the jaw. Every time I gain momentum, though, I chicken out and refuse to jump any higher than a foot, afraid that I'll hurt myself more than the opponent.