Twelve: Oh Star City

So, I am absolutely bawling my eyes out, as I just finish reading Can A Bird Trust A Cat? by TheBatAndTheBird. If you haven't, read it. I spent the whole day reading it and now I want to rip my heart out from the feels. 

NO OFFENCE TO THEBATANDTHEBIRD I LOVE YOUR TECHNIQUE.

~

Hand in hand, Dick and I found the apartment Carrol lives in. We took the elevator to the floor one from the top. When we were in there, I noticed a small dent in the floor and laughed.

"What?" Dick asked, and I kneeled down, releasing his hand for a sad moment.

"I did this when I was ten! I hung upside down from the top of the elevator. It didn't work out for me," I laughed, scratching my head.

When I straightened up, I didn't retake Dick's hand, and we walked down the hallway to Carrol's apartment. I knocked on the door excitedly.

"Coming!" She called, and a few second later, she opened the door. Carrol has a short, black bob hair-style and stunning purple eyes.

"Hana! I've missed you!" She smiled, opening her arms up to me. I laughed and hugged her, telling her I missed her too. She must have just gotten home from work, judging by her grey office clothes.

"This is R-er, Dick. A friend of mine," I smiled, gesturing to Dick with a smile. I'm sure she got the idea that he was part of the team.

We were invited in and took a seat.

"So, how are you liking the new job?" She asked me with a smile.

"It's great. Scary sometimes, but great. Yeah, I love it. The Team are amazing too," I gushed, and couldn't stop myself from grinning.

I told her about a mission actively, and became slightly aware of Robin's arm around my shoulders again, but I certainly did not mind.

As I explained the excruciating pain of being squeezed by a clay monster, I decide I was vaguely certain I had definite feelings for Dick.

~

Carrol decided to drop us off at Marist Elderly Home. She visited Lana often, and so did Lana's brother, and his family. 

Dick and I followed Carrol into the apartment's garage, and climbed into her Lexus. 

"U-Um, Carrol. How is...her condition?" I then remembered, I hadn't mention to Robin that Lana had Lewy Body Disease. 

Carrol was silent for a while, and worry came over my face. 

"She's...she's not good Hana. I'm not going to lie. The Doctor said this is one of the fastest deteriorations he's seen in a LBD patient. Most have seven years but...he set Lana's at a few months."

I guess I always knew that. I couldn't help the tears pooling in my eyes, so when we pulled up at the high care facility, I practically sped from the car to the door. It may or may not have involved some flying.