Chapter 5

A few blocks from the Expo Hall, Alex smiled at the fist bump, then  helped Clover to her feet

A few blocks from the Expo Hall, Alex smiled at the fist bump, then helped Clover to her feet. The light sound of thrusters alerted the group to Sam, flying by jetpack to land nearby.

"Sam!" Alex and Clover yelled.

"Clover, you're okay!" Sam said.

They embraced in a three-way hug. Cat Noir grinned at them, then Ladybug, extending his arms.

"Any chance we could try as well, Bugaboo?" he asked.

Ladybug eyed him with pursed lips, her hand up in a 'stop' gesture.

"Not this time, Kitty."

"What's all this? A costume party?" a female voice asked.

Mandy approached the group of heroes with interest.

"Hey, Mandy's okay too," Sam said.

"Of course I'm okay-" Mandy started.

A rapid beeping issued forth from Ladybug's earrings, then from Cat Noir's ring.

"What's that noooise?" Mandy asked.

"Our signal that it's time to go. But I need to tell you one thing," Ladybug replied and looked to Clover, then Mandy.

Both looked at her in curiosity.

"You two were consumed with hate for each other and akumatized; changed into evil, powerful versions of yourselves. Then you attacked us, each other, and innocents who happened to be near you."

Clover and Mandy gasped.

"One of our villains controlled and 'upgraded' Clover once before," Sam said with a serious look.

"Hate destroys," Ladybug said, "We all saw that today. Please don't let it happen again, at least in Paris."

Clover and Mandy looked at each other, then to Ladybug in consideration.

"Bug out!" Ladybug said, turning to leave.

"Ok, see ya!" Alex said.

The others gave similar sentiments as Ladybug took a few giant leaps to soon vanish from sight.

"Enjoy Paris, ladies. Bye!" Cat Noir said.

Everyone repeated their goodbyes, and he leapt away in another direction.

"How do we know she didn't make that up?" Mandy said. "Last thing I remember was going to the bathroom after Clover annoyed me."

Clover frowned, then looked off in thought.

"Last thing I remember was sitting down with Alex before the show was starting," Clover said.

"And I remember up to...when we got out of the hall and Mandy hit me with an attack!" Sam said.