47... The End of an Affair

Damon is in the living room with Jenna and Miranda, they're in the bassinet Damon found in the attic. The bassinets belonged to him and Stefan. The girls are wide awake, their blue eyes shining. Damon smiles, and then his phone rings.

"You're interrupting my daddy - twins time," Damon says as he pours himself a small drink, not wanting too much while he Let's Allyson sleep.

"Miss me?" Katherine's voice says over the phone. "I'm glad Allyson gave birth."

"Katherine," Damon says, recognizes the devilish voice. "Where are you?"

"Lurking outside your window, pining away." Katherine teases.

"What do you want?" Damon asks as he hears both Jenna and Miranda getting cranky, he goes and makes a bottle. They'll stay this young a while. They age like every two years unless Ally redoes her spell.

"I'm homesick," Katherine claims. "What have I missed?"

"Well, Allyson had the babies. Stefan's still Klaus' little prisoner and Elena thinks she can save him and no one but Allyson has thought about you since you left," Damon replies.

"And What about you?" Katherine asks. "I'm sure now that you've given up on your brother...."

"I didn't give up on him," Damon claims. "I just don't know where he is." Damon walks into the parlor and sees ally holding Jenna.

Damon hands her a bottle, and he picks up Miranda and feeds her.

"Hmm..." Katherine hums.

"But you do," Damon concludes. "Are you trailing them?"

"A hybrid who wants me dead and his sidekick who's off the rails?" Katherine inquires. "I couldn't be further away."

"Which means you know exactly where they are," Damon says.

"All I know is that Klaus pitched a fit once his hybrids didn't work," Katherine says. "Now he's looking for some answers."

"How do you know that?" Damon asks.

"Spend 500 years running, and there will be a few people along the way that are looking out for you," Katherine replies.

"Is that what you're doing?" Damon asks. "Looking out for my brother?" He puts Miranda on his chest as he sits, and tries burping her.

"Maybe, maybe not," Katherine says as Miranda let's out a burp and Allyson burps Jenna. "I'm conflicted."

"Where are they?"
(**)

"You three sit down here, I'll wake up Elena," Damon says.

Allyson sits on the couch in the Gilbert home, she keeps her babies close.

"You guys wanna go on a road trip to meet uncle, Stefan?" Allyson coos to Jenna and Miranda. "Yeah? We're going to Chicago. The Windy City."

Elena comes down and she gasps. "Jenna and Miranda!"

Allyson stands and she lets Elena hold them.