Chapter 2

Rabid Dog was sitting in the main room of the base he and the other Shadow Beasts were staying at. Leech was sitting on the couch, eating chips and woodenly reading a newspaper.

Porcupine was sitting on the master chair, waiting for a phone call from their boss while calmly watching the news. Worm was on a solo mission and Owl was sitting on a panel fairly high up.

Soon, the phone rang and Bat, who had been flying a bit above it, took it. "Hello?" He asked whoever was the on the phone.

"Ah, Bat. Hello. Is Porcupine, Leech and Rabid Dog there?" A familiar voice asked. It was their boss.

Bat blinked but nodded lightly. "Yes. They're all here." He confirmed, flapping his free arm out of instinct.

He heard his boss hum, "Good. Tell them that Worm needs Back-Up. He's fighting an enemy who he's struggling to beat." Bat nodded lightly.

He took the phone down from his ear. "It's the Boss." He confirmed. "And he has a mission. Rabid Dog, Leech and Porcupine. You're all back-up for Worm."

Rabid Dog nodded his head and stood up, stretching his neck in an almost nonchalant manner. Meanwhile, Leech just complained that he was hungry and wanted to feed his pets. Porcupine, like most times, was just being apathetic at the time.

They opened the door to the base and Bat watched them walk out. He sighed, heading the boss hang up. He put the phone back down and sat down on the couch himself now.

"I have the feeling their fighting something greater than us..." Bat mumbled softly. He didn't know how right he is would prove to be