Chapter 22: Shit Just Got Real

Start from the beginning

"Ehh...awesome..it's as soft as a silk.." she muttered , but her friends suddenly surrounded my desk , all picking my hair strands.

I was going to protest when-

"OY."

I flinched at the familiar voice.

"U-Uotani-san!" Some of the girls shrieked , and the blond girl clicked her tongue in annoyance.

"Do you guys have no shame? Touching people's hair without permission?" She glared at the frozen girls.

"I..I have asked..!" The first girl who approached me squeaked , managed to let out a sentence in fear.

"But she hasn't answered yet," Uotani-san cut the girl's sentence."And didn't you see how uneasy she is?" She added.

"Uh..S-Sorry..!" The girls apologized , and rushed back to their seats when the teacher enter the classroom.

I give Uotani-san a thankful nod , and she give me her usual boyish grin.

"Kiritsu.Re"

All students bowed , and sit down , while the woman fixed her glasses.

"Open your english textbooks in page 78. And read the passage silently.I'll choose some of you to read it out loud later," the woman announced.

I grabbed my glasses , and wear it.Because of my lack of pigment eyes , i can't look properly , and I need glasses.I can see far things , but I need glasses when it comes to reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay ,Yomi.Read the first paragraph," the teacher ordered.

"Hai," the girl muttered before standing up and gripping her book tightly.

It's my second day here...She won't point at me , right?

I drowned my head to the book , silently hoping that the teacher won't even look my way.

The teacher walked beside my desk , and keep patroling to the front column.

Good , i'm free.

But hey.

I celebrated too early.

The teacher looked back , and noticed a head drowned in a book.The teacher thought I was asleep.

"The one next to Yamaguchi-san , read the second paragraph," she sternly ordered.

Knowing that I am the one she's talking about , I reluctantly stand up and pushed the bridge of my glasses.

"At the beginning of the Yayoi era, the Yayoi had begun to be able to weave , cultivate rice , know shamanism and manufacture iron and bronze tools which were learned from Korea or China. A number of paleoetnobotany studies show the technique of planting rice in rice fields and irrigation has been known since around 8000 BC in the Yangtze River Delta and spread to Japan around 1000 BC." I read the passage carefully , before sitting back down.

The class remained silent for a few seconds , all jaws dropped.

The first one to recover is the teacher.

"O...oh...You're the acceleration girl...Sorry , I did not notice it was you," she sheepishly grinned.

"You have a good pronunciation and accent , Izugami-san..Well Done.Takanobu-san , please read the third paragraph," the teacher awkwardly ordered the next student.