Silence - Part 1

Denis and Alex were in a rush to get out of the door. They didn't want to miss Denis' family Christmas party, since Alex would be introduced to his family. Alex grabbed a dish off of the counter in the kitchen then walked out of the house. Alex had made his famous vegan tortilla wraps for the party, mainly because he didn't know if anyone was vegan, and plus, he wanted to make a good first impression while meeting my family.

"Alright, just hurry up and drive me to this thing." He said jokingly. I realized he said that because I was spacing out and said, "Oh yeah! I'm so excited to introduce you!"

That.... That was only half of the truth. You see, I wanted to wait till my and Alex were dating before I... Wait... WHAT AM I THINKING?! YOU'RE AS STRAIGHT AS A RULER DENIS!

Denis turned the key in the ignition to start the car. Then again. Then... again. It wasn't starting. "Uh oh Alex... I think... I think we might have a problem."

"What's the matter?" Alex said, clearly not paying any attention to what Denis was doing.

"The car isn't starting."

That got his attention fast. "What?! Are you sure you don't just have the wrong key?" He said fast.

"Alex, we only have one car." I responded dryly.

"Well then, I guess we're walking." He said with a smile on his face.

Some rulers bend Denis... 😏😈