Fade Away

Today was the day

Today was the day.

My best friend, can be officially classified as a mature adult. 'Mature'- being an obviously sarcastic comment.

I get to finally meet him, after so long- though I wonder, how he must have been?

Whatever happens, I'm sure he'll still be the same old idiot struggling to keep up. I'm sure he'll start annoying me the second I see him. I'm sure he would be lazing around eating about a zillion burgers on his couch, trying to grab the TV remote whilst refusing to get up. I'm sure that his hair which closely resemble to that of Draco Malfoy in terms of the rich blonde colour would still be messy. I'm sure he'll have that stupid grin on his face after he would do something silly melting even Satan's heart. I'm sure he would still wear a slight hint of something pink in his outfit. I'm sure he would refuse to admit that it's his favourite colour.

I'm sure.

As I recollected everything, I felt an unfamiliar yet familiar feeling. It's hard to describe it, honestly. The closest description I can come up with, is when the fluids inside my stomach just go haywire; refusing to corporate. 'Butterflies in my stomach'- is an understatement. More like- 'dragons in my stomach playing football'.

Not to mention, the apparently different smile and red coloration on my face. Whenever I'm unfortunately put into such situations thanks to him, it becomes next to impossible for me to keep a steady eye contact, which automatically in turn, leads me to look down. And, to cover up my this abnormal behaviour, I pretend to adjust my glasses.

I mean, that's just how I work.

But, why does this happen to me?

Let me not focus on that right now, I'm here for him. For Boruto.

Boruto. Boruto. Boruto...

I've seen his face change expressions from smiling to crying, laughing to getting upset, acting brave to curling into a ball out of fear, getting angry to getting excited, and just so many countless more.

I wonder... what expression would he make upon seeing me? After six years?

I'm not sure.

Would he be surprised? Well, technically he should be since I am- in fact, surprising him.

I want to find out.

But, today is the day- as I stand before the Uzumaki residence which seemed to have been recently renovated.

It has... changed. A lot.

The chimney which was my classic spot when it came to hide and seek was now missing on the flattened roof. The brick wall where I remember getting hurt countless times for moving way too closely was now all smooth and even. The huge windows which would be 100% hassle to clean for aunt Hinata were a clear replacement to the small ones curtained up. I couldn't get the view of the backyard, but I wouldn't be surprised to the slightest to find a coffee table and countless statues along with a fountain.