Movie Night In

Sam POV

We were back in the bunker and recovering from the tons of face licks that Ripper had tackled us with after we opened the door. I watched Y/N try to make herself comfortable and quickly realized we never even gave her the tour.

"Hey, you want a tour of the place so you can settle in? You must be beat from all the driving."

"Of course! You can show me where my room will be to start with, so I can drop off my stuff." She smiled up at me and gestured to her bags. I grabbed all of them, trying to be a gentleman and led her down the hallway to the bedrooms.

"You can have pretty much any of them. This one is Dean's," I walked a little further before stopping in front of my own door, "and this one's mine."

She smiled and opened a door to a room right across the hallway from mine, almost equal distance between mine and Dean's.

"This'll do. It's way better than what I've been staying in lately." She scanned the room to see a king sized bed, not yet made up, along with matching nightstands on either side, a desk, and a dresser. Strolling over to the other door in the room, she opened it up to find a decently sized closet.

I put her bags down onto the bed and turned to grab some bedding from the linen closet. Once she had everything she needed I showed her to the nearest bathroom, and the bathroom down the hall that had the nice tub in it, making a point to show the closets stocked with fluffy towels and robes. The war room, the library, the firing range, the kitchen, the storage rooms, the dungeon, the Dean-cave, the infirmary, the garage and the gym. We ended the tour back at our rooms.

"Well, I'm gonna grab a shower. Dean was bragging on the phone about the water pressure here. After that we should watch a movie together or something. Old time's sake." She smiled up at me while she opened the door to her room, calling for Ripper to go inside.

"Yeah, definitely, I'll get the snacks and the beer. Meet me in my room when you're done." I turned to go into the kitchen as she closed the door to her room.

Reader POV

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Today was overwhelming to say the least, it felt good to be back with Sam and Dean but I never was one to be comfortable in new places. This felt like a new start and I was gonna make the most of it though. I decided to make my bed and put away my things quickly. Once that was done I grabbed an outfit, just a pair of shorts and an oversized black and grey flannel, and headed to the bathroom with my toiletries. I took a quick shower, I was too excited for a laid back movie night with Sam.

My long black hair was wet and dripping onto my shirt as I practically ran down the hallway to Sam's room. I knocked and he immediately opened it as if he was waiting on the other side. He froze as his hazel eyes scanned my body and I quickly tried to cover up, everything in me telling me he was judging my body.

"You look... You look great, Y/N." his eyes finally met mine, his large frame moving aside to allow me through the door. I tried to relax but I still felt his eyes on me. Stepping through, I noticed his room looked like mine, still new and not decorated. The only difference seemed to be the bookcases and shelves. They were packed full of books, some new and some old. The shelf in front of the bed had a flat screen and dvd player. The bed was currently covered in folded blankets, beer, and snacks. He sat at the top of the bed and patted the space next to him.

"This is nice, Sam. Reminds of when we would go on supply runs, while Dean was out, get all the good stuff for ourselves. Binge movies all night and fall asleep after sunrise," I moved to sit on the bed and when I did, oh my, "Wow. You guys are really holding out on me! Your bed is so much more comfortable than mine, is that memory foam?" I bounced on the bed, relishing in the comfort it provided before settling into a spot. I stretched my legs out in front of me and crossed them at my ankles.

He chuckled, "Well, if you're planning on staying like I want you to, I'll get you one just like it. Anything else you want too. The power of fake credit cards."

"Until then, I'm gonna make myself comfortable in yours. What movies you got, Sammy?"

"It's Sam! You're just as bad as Dean, y'know?" He got up and walked over to the shelf.

"Nu-uh," I smirked, "Worse."

"I've got Deadpool, Suicide Squad, Don't Breathe, The Conjuring 2, Batman vs Superman-" He went on.

"I've been dying to see Deadpool!" he looked back at me and put it into the dvd player and took his spot back on the bed next to me, a little closer this time.

"It's the only one I haven't seen yet, picked it up on the way back from the last hunt but never got in the mood to watch it. Always something more important to do." He hit play on the movie and I smiled over at him.

"Such a hard worker now. what happened to the Sammy that used to lay in bed and watch X-Files with me all day until Dean got tired of it?"

"I suck at watching movies by myself, but now it seems like I'd rather talk to you all night than watch this."

"Good thing for you, Sammy, you've got all the time in the world to talk to me. Open a beer for me, please?" I grabbed my pick of the snacks and threw a blanket over our legs.

Sam POV

It didn't feel like reality. I hadn't seen her in years, haven't spent quality time with her since we were teenagers. But here she was in my bed, legs sprawled miles long, pressed against me but not nearly as much as I want. Her giggle made me feel so nostalgic and I couldn't stop staring at her instead of the TV screen. I was hoping she wouldn't notice. I felt like a teenage boy on his first date to the movies, inching closer and closer slowly. She made me nervous, a kind of nervous I hadn't felt in a long time. A hopeful nervous, not an apocalyptic nervous. I was snapped out of my thoughts by her hand on my knee.

"What's wrong, Sam? You've been staring at me the whole movie, barely touching the snacks. If you don't want me here, just let me know and I'll be on my way." She looked me in my eyes and my heart sank, how could she think I feel that way when I feel the exact opposite?

"What? No, its not that. It's just... I thought about you a lot, always wondered how you were doing. You were a big part of my life and now it feels like a blank has been filled in that I never knew existed. Here you are hanging out with me like we used to, like nothing changed, and you're so... You've grown up. I never thought I'd see you again. It's good to have you here and I'm just trying to savor every moment I get. Not too many good things happen to us." I admitted, trying not to spill too much. I don't know how she feels, what has been going on in her life, where I fit into all of it. I don't want to overstep my boundaries. I placed my hand on top of hers and held it there.

"I know its a lot to ask, to be let in. For you to let down your walls to someone that left for so long. You don't have to open up to me, not yet. But just know I don't plan on leaving until you two ask me to, so I'll be here whenever you're ready to. Until then, you should get some sleep. I mean this is the sweetest way possible, Sammy, you look exhausted."

"No, no. I'm fine. Finish the movie with me please. We've got all these snacks and all this beer just sitting here. Just stay with me even if I fall asleep." Did I really just say that?

"Sam Winchester, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you were trying to get me drunk in your bed." She smiled as she handed me another beer to open for her.

"Hey now, would it be so bad if I was?" We sat watching the movie for a while until her voice croaked, softer than usual.

"Sammy?"

I looked over at her and raised an eyebrow, gesturing for her to continue.

"Will you lay your head in my lap, let me play with your hair? Like we used to? I know it's a weird questi-"

"Please do. You know I loved that, I missed it a lot." I shifted to lay my head on her bare thigh and her fingers ran through my hair. All the fatigue I was holding back washed over me at once and I was fighting to keep my eyes open.

"Is it okay if I sleep in here, Sammy?" she whispered and I could only muster up the energy to nod back.

She got herself comfortable and I couldn't help but snuggle into her even more. I was out in no time.