"So there are three Infinity Stones on Midgard," Loki mused, "We will have to watch them closely."

He looked to Huginn. "And the Power Stone?"

"It's held in an underwater temple on Morag," Huginn said, "but the planet's low tide is coming and the waters will begin to subside soon."

The doors to the throne room opened with a low drone, and a guard stepped in.

"Lady Sif is here as you requested, Allfather."

"Send her in." He gave the brothers a nod. "Thank you."

They bowed and turned to leave as Sif entered. As they passed, Muninn smiled at her, but she did not return the expression. Loki could barely hear the sound of Huginn's low snicker at his brother as they slipped through the doorway.

Lady Sif kneeled before the throne, bringing her fist to her chest. Loki recalled the time when she nearly refused to do so when he sat on the throne as himself. If Sif knew that it was him, Loki had no doubt that she would kill him where he sat. That is what she had promised him, after all.

At the motion of the king's hand, she rose to her feet. "What do you require of me, my king?"

"Your past mission to retrieve Lorelei was successful," he spoke.

Sif glanced away in confusion. "Yes."

"I think you would be of use in other...clandestine missions," Loki said, "I want you to begin training with the Ravens."

Her brow furrowed. "Allfather, I-I'm a warrior, not a spy."

"You have served well and have proven yourself as a great warrior," he said, "But we are not at war now. I think you would be well suited for this assignment. Very few are capable of becoming Ravens."

Sif opened her mouth to object, but the king went on. "You are to begin training tomorrow. Muninn has graciously offered to take time away from his assignments to help you."

The barest eye roll passed over the warrior's face, and Loki had to fight away a smile.

"Where will I find him to begin training?" she asked lowly.

The king raised an eyebrow. He had expected more of a fight from her. Although, he supposed that she could not deny an order from her king.

"He will find you."

Sif nodded stiffly. "Is that all, my king?"

"Yes, Lady Sif."

She left the throne room with her fists clenched at her sides.

As soon as the doors shut, Loki cast a spell over the room and leaned back on his throne. A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he lowered his illusion.

"Do you really think that this is a good idea?"

Loki turned to the source of the voice and smiled.

Amora sat perched on the edge of the throne. She looked as beautiful as ever, watching him with a warm smile and the slightest uptick of one brow.

"I need Asgard's best out collecting information on possible threats," he said, trying to keep a straight face.

Amora scoffed. "You need them distracted and far away so that they won't suspect you."

Loki's face broke out into a grin. "Yes." He shrugged. "Sif has already begun to suspect me. I suppose, without anything to occupy them, Huginn and Muninn would find out soon enough."

"But Sif has always fought for Asgard with Asgard. She will not like being away on spy missions."

"She would not like the monotony of living without a war to fight either." Loki sat up. "It's a good plan."

Amora tilted her head and frowned. "Then why do you doubt it?"

"I don't."

She rolled her eyes. "Obviously, you do. I'm a illusion of your own creation and I doubt it. So you must doubt it, too."

Loki held her stubborn gaze for a long moment before looking away. "I know."

He sighed. It had become a dangerous habit, creating his own image of her to keep him company.

He reached out toward her hand, but it only passed through the image.

"I wish you were here," he whispered.

"Then why do you not have me come back?" she asked, "Why do you not tell me the truth?"

Loki shifted, his brow twitching downward. "You would be angry with me."

"Yes, but only for a time." She shrugged. "If you're doing well, I might let you go on with your rule even if I didn't entirely approve of it."

His lips just barely raised up as he looked down at the floor, his eyes distant. "But that's it," he said quietly, "You wouldn't approve. You'd be disappointed. And that would tear me apart."

Clearing his throat, Loki stood to his feet. "Which is why it's better for you to not know...It's good that you're there. You'll do a lot of good."

He walked out to the balcony. The cool wind hit his face, and the galaxy stretched out across the night sky. The bodies of the Yggdrasil system could be made out by the trained eye.

"How much time do you think has passed there?" he asked.

Amora's illusion approached, resting her hands on the railing. They were folded neatly, taking up little space, just like the real thing.

"No one knows exactly how drastic the change in time is for Yggdrasil," she said, "But the planet's position will cause time to move slower there."

Loki nodded, lowering his gaze. "I hope you don't take long." He looked over at her. "Oh, how I miss you."

With a wave of his hand, she vanished, leaving him with a gentle smile. He could hardly stand looking at her without being able to touch her.

Loki leaned over the railing and watched the lights of Asgard flicker quietly. Work had begun to repair the damage from the siege, and they were sending relief to other realms that had suffered disruptions from the Convergence.

He would make Asgard better. He would be a good king. And maybe Amora would not kill him when she returned.

* * *

Finally got Loki's POV!

Let me know what you guys think of this new turn of events in Asgard!

I have added Huginn and Muninn to the cast. I am very excited to introduce these new characters! I think they'll be fun!