Chapter Fifteen

• Dedicated to Allie, my bestie

Due to my very complicated and totally un-readable plot line-up, there will be just two more chapters left. This and the epilogue. =,(

Remember, I do have a special project, which will be revealed in the Final Note.

Oh, and to any of you that read that this chapter wouldn't be posted tonight, I decided to stay up and write it; you're welcome for sacrificing my sleep! =)

------------------------------------

I got home late and was hoping for the light to be off. Yeah, obviously I'm not the most important person to my fairy god-mother since the lights were on. There goes the very un-realistic hope of mine.

I tried to be quite walking in. Emphasis on tried. Hey, I'm new to this house! I can't know every squeaky spot within a month.

Dad was waiting, as I suspected, on the couch. I could hear the un-mistakable voice of Gibbs and Abby in the background, but Dad's gaze was focused on me.

"Do you know what time it is?"

"Time to get a watch?" I replied feebly.

A dry laugh escaped his lips. "Wrong answer. It's eleven thirty."

I know you probably think that eleven thirty is nothing, but my Dad can get pretty overprotective, especially when it's dark out. 

I sighed. "Sorry Dad, I had something I have to do." I'm not sure why I'm keeping this whole legacy thing to myself, but I just don't want to bring any painful memories back about Mom, and that's what I'd do if I mentioned it, even if he didn't already know.

He narrowed his eyes. Not a good sign. "What were you up to?"

I gulped nervously. "I was with friends." Yeah, I'm the master at beating around the bush.

He nodded, "Uh-huh, and I'm Rumplestilskin."

My eyes widened, "Really? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked seriously.

Dad sighed. "Now's not the time to joke around, Emalie."

I looked at the ground. Ooh, the full name. I'm in for it. There goes thirty years. Might as well hang up some posters and hope I can keep my iPod while I'm staring at my wall as Dad goes on with his merry life, forgetting about his grounded daughter, who-

My thoughts were inturrupted by Dad. "I know it was about the Legacy."

I whipped my head up. "What?" I asked, not quite believing my ears.

He laughed, this time a real laugh and not a "I'm serious, but that was slightly amusing" laugh. "I wondered when you'd tell me, but it looks like I'll have to be the first one."

My eyes widened, this time I wasn't trying to get out of this coversation through humor; this time I wanted him to tell me what he knew. "You knew?" I asked incredously. I didn't think he'd really keep this from me all my life.

He nodded, and motioned for me to sit down beside him. As I sat down on the couch, I picked up the remote and turned the TV off, then focused my attention on Dad. He sighed like he knew this would be a long coversation and began. "I grew up in Dewmont,"

My eyes widened again. Technically, he was from the enemy team. Dewmont was Dyersburg's enemy in every sport and competition there is. The Panthers and the Jackals were like cats and dogs-- ha, the irony of that sentence.  "Dewmont?" I sputtered out.

"Dewmont." he confirmed, then continued. "I was the quarterback for the Panthers all the years your mother was Head Cheerleader."

I raised an eyebrow. I can tell when the plot thickens, and it was about to get carmel-y.

"We met after a game and we were both upset. Kayla was because she got a B on a test and her mother, your grandmother, was furious. Me because my position was being threatened by another quarterback, who just moved to Dewmont.

"We decided to try and defy our parents, who were both mad for seperate reasons, and get together. Of course, we were the middle of our town's gossip chain and when word got out that we were dating --for real by then-- both of our rivals, the one who wanted my position and the one who wanted your mother's position, got together and came up with a plan.

"They came up with rumors about pregnancy, marriage and all sorts of things. It got so bad that we packed up and left our towns together. We were in love, and everything else didn't matter when we left. That's when we moved to Cincinatti and got married."

I was silent throughout the entire story, hanging on to every detail, but now it looked like Dad was waiting for me to say something. So, being my awesome self, I decided to confess. "I have a boyfriend." I blurted out, immediatly cursing myself for being so dumb.

His eyes narrowed. "Who?" he ground out.

"Drew," I squeaked.

He raised an eyebrow, but kept his eyes narrowed. "From what I heard from Jim, it wouldn't seem you were his 'type'."

I gulped. Now's the time to be grilled for information. "Actually, he's sweet, and sensitive," I got lost in thinking about Drew and I didn't think about how Dad was listening, I just listed things about him. "Sure, he seems like a class-A jerkface, but he comforts me, tells me everythings okay, does the sweetest things to make me smile. Teases me and lets me tease him back. Goes out of his way to make me happy-" I then noticed Dad was still in the room and stopped talking, finally noticing his expression wasn't at all angry; it was happy.

"Do you love him?"

The question caught me off-guard, and my eyes widened. "I-I don't kn-know." I stuttered out, thinking it over. I thought about his laugh, the way he smiled, all the good things he's done to help me and I came up with my answer. I lifted my head from where it feel to look at my hands while I was thinking and answered in a strong voice.

"Yes, I do love him."

----------------------------

*grumbles* Why can't I make a long chapter? Why won't it happen?

I am so sorry for the length of this. I am so stupid. I didn't think the entire plot of this chapter through and it seems it wasn't too long. *hits head* Stupid writer.

Video:

Uh, I'm not quite sure why I picked this. I guess I was in the mood for Don't Wake Me Up. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm really tired and really just shouldn't be woken up in the morning.

Dedication:

This chapter is dedicated to my wonderful best friend Allie. I haven't seen her in close to a year now since she moved, but she will always be my bestie.

The Next Update:

The next update should occur right on track, on the 19th.

Comment Challenge:

I'm looking for motovation to finish the story and what better way to gather it then listen to my fan's favorite song?  So? What's your favorite song?

A Look Into: Chapter Sixteen:

This is the last chapter before the ending of Southern Charm. This is a chapter of thank-you's and confessions. This is Chapter Sixteen.