Key To Come Home

Beca was sitting at her desk with the pen clicking against her thumb. The rain drops were sliding perfectly down the glass window that had a view of Brooklyn laid out in front of her. Usually she would be head first into a mix or something for work. But, she couldn't focus.

The once filled tiny apartment with three best friends was now just Beca. Amy was the first to move out to go traveling. She had left about six months ago and not that Beca would admit it, she missed her. Amy was and is one of Beca's closest friends. Sort of like a sister to her. So seeing her leave was hard.

But, she had Chloe. Though that was until earlier today. Chloe had accepted a job down in Georgia as a veterinarian. It worked out perfectly because Chicago had been stationed close to there. Well, worked out perfectly for Chloe.

Beca thought she would love living alone. The apartment would feel bigger now that she had more space without the other two being there. She had the bathroom to herself without having to rush into shower or being rushed out.

Yet, with all those good things it still felt lonely. Her eyes moved to look at the couch bed now folded into a couch. It had been still out when Amy left even when Chloe and Beca moved to the bed. They had left the couch bed out to act like they slept in separate beds for some reasons. Even when they never did. But now it was folded up and had no reason to be used.

The clothes rack that Chloe and Beca shared clothes on now gone. Beca could now just use the closet instead of the rack which should be a positive. It just didn't feel like that anymore to her.

Her phone buzzed on the desk beside her notepad which snapped her out of her gaze. She put the oen down before picking the phone up.

Amy: Hey Shawshank, heard about Red leaving. You good?

Beca: Yeah. Why wouldn't I be? Finally have the place to myself lmao

Amy: I don't know. Just wanted to make sure. I'm in Paris next week. Want me to bring you back some food? I'll be back in Brooklyn to see you the week after.

Beca smiled softly at that. Amy was always a considerate friend. She already had a bag full of souvenirs that she was bringing home to The Bella's.

Beca: As much as I appreciate it, the food would go bad by the time you got here.

Amy: Aw shit, true

Beca felt her phone vibrate again, this time with the group chat lighting up. Even after all these years apart The Bella's group chat was still as active as ever. With memes and gossip. Sometimes it would just be two people talking while other times it was more. For now though, it seemed to be Chloe texting.

Chloe: Ladies..

Beca raised an eyebrow; wondering why she just texted that. Maybe Chloe was drunk? Beca didn't know. But she saw the others start to pop up with their names saying that they read it.

Aubrey: Chloe?

Chloe: I fucking hate Georgia.

Stacie: Honey, you just got down there lmao.

Jessica: You got to give it time, Chloe. Moving is difficult. You know when we all left the Bella's house it was hell.

Aubrey: Exactly, just what Ashley said.

Jessica: I'm Jessica.

Aubrey: Exactly

Chloe: I've tried since I got here this morning. I just hate it.

Aubrey: Give it a couple days, Chloe. You'll love it. Plus you get to be so close to Chicago! And you live down the road from me.

Beca was just reading the messages. She didn't have an urge to reply because she didn't want to encourage Chloe to stay. Beca wanted Chloe back here with her already. It felt too lonely and weird without her.