Chapter Twenty

Tony

The sunlight slowly flooded the room. I laid in bed, Kara in my arms. Her breath tickled my chest and I sighed with contentment. I replayed the night we spend over in my mind, I had to touch her and squeeze her slightly to confirm that I was not dreaming. Smiling smugly to myself, I knew that I wasn't. She was very much real.

How many years have I've been waiting for this moment. To damn long that's what. I sighed. Kara and I didn't spoke at all that much last night. Words were not needed. We spoke our own special language. That is the language she and I are both fluent at. I can't seem to stop grinning like an idiot.

I feel her stirring and I wait for her to open her eyes. She slowly does and she looks straight at me. My gut clenches and my heart flutters. Damn, she is beautiful. She put her hand over her mouth and mumbled a Good Morning.

''You know I love you kara, morning breath and all'. I laugh at her sweet act.

I see her eyes tearing and I take her hand away from her mouth. She is biting down on her lips to control her emotions.

''Oh Tony. It's a miracle you do, especially what I've put you through. I wish....''

I didn't let her finish and pulled her on top of me and shutted her up with a kiss. She responded instantly. That was all I needed. I deepened the kiss and soon enough we lost ourselves in each other again. I don't need her to explain herself. All I know is that the past should stay in the past. The future is all Im wanting from her. I only want her and our beautiful children.

A couple of hours later we are both seated at Kara's Kitchen table. She has made me breakfast.

It's been a very long time since a woman has cooked for me, the last woman to do so was my mother. Shit, that sounds pathetic but I dont give a fuck. This moment here has more than made up for it. Seeing Kara flushed and sated. Seeing her hair wet and her beautiful face bare of makeup, the only colour to her cheeks is the one she has naturally from when I stare at her and she becomes flustered.

That really turns me on. The fact that she can still blush and tremble when I am near makes my heart soar and my ego inflate. Her reactions last night, her responses and her body provided me the answers to my silent questions. She has never been touched by another man. I feel like a love struck school boy all over again and I am loving it.

''Tony.''. I heard Kara speak my name quietly and I gave my head a mental shake, damn I was getting carried away .

Looking at her, I see she is cracking her knuckles. A nervous habit of hers. Somethings never change. I smile at the action. She's looking at me head on and I know that what she is about to say is going to be important. I take her hands in mine to stop her from torturing them. Rubbing my thumb over her knuckles instead. Bad idea or good for me. I see her breath hitched and she quickly pulls away folding them across her chest instead. I feel like a smug bastard but I want her to continue so let her be for the time being.

''What is it Kara? Talk to me.''I wait patiently.

She takes a breath and what she says fills my heart with utter happiness.

''Tony. Would you like to meet our children. I'm going to pick them up from moms in an hour.'' She waits for my response albeit nervously.

My heart gives a lurch and my gut clenches. I just let her words sink in. My God, I'll finally get to see them. My children, our children. All these years I hadn't known that I was a father. To find out all of a sudden you are, is something that any man needed to get used to, but I on the other hand can't wait. When I saw them at the cafe. The resemblance was strong. They have their mother's hair colour but the rest of them are all me.

I always wanted children. Growing up as a single child was very lonely. The fact that I practically lived at the kings showed how much I loved their family unit, their home environment. Mrs king made me feel part of the family. She never treated me different. God,I'm almost too nervous to meet her again. Her and my children.

''I would like nothing better Kara. Meeting the children is the icing on the cake baby.'' I choked back emotionally.

Kara got up from her seat and came to put her arms around me. I pushed my face against her stomach and just held her tight in return. She was running her fingers through my hair and repeating her apologies again and again. I stood up and wrapped my arms around her again. Shushing her for she was shaking with emotion.

Gripping her chin I forced her to look in my eyes. ''Listen to me Kara. I do not want you to keep apologising....''.

''But Tony!'' she wailed, ''You don't know how sorry''......

I pulled her close and kissed her. Instantly she relaxed and responded. Mission accomplished. I don't like her crying. She had more than enough to deal with. Being a single mom all these years. Living her life believing that I had done her wrong must have been emotionally heartbreaking for her. I know trust is key in a relationship, I know she should have known me better but I don't hold nothing at all against her. She did what she thought was right at that time. I will never throw that in her face. She knows that she is and always would be the only woman for me. The fact that she never asked for a divorce and remarried again makes up for everything. This confirms to me that we both had our life on pause. Waiting and wanting for something. It turns out that we were waiting to find each other again. Shit, I'm turning into those sappy fools.

So it was decided. We tidied up and together we got ready to go meet our children. Hand in hand we setted out. I was nervous as hell but a look from Kara would soothe my nerves. When we finally arrived we walked up the path to Mrs King's house. Waiting for the door to be answered I took a deep breath and got ready to meet the next most important people in my life. The next chapter in my happily ever after. Shit ,there I go again but I don't give a damn.